- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Hammer medallist dies
- Updated: March 28, 2010
South African track and field athletics is mourning the death of hammer throw athlete Douw Steenkamp.
Steenkamp died in┬á a car accident in Mpumalanga late last week.
Steenkamp, won the bronze medal in the hammer throw competition at the Yellow Pages SA Senior Track and Field Championships in Durban last weekend, and also threw a career best distance of 62.62 metres at the Yellow Pages Series meeting held at the University of Johannesburg last Wednesday.
Athletics South Africa extended their sincere condolences to family members and friends of Steenkamp, with ASA administrator Ray Mali describing the passing away of Steenkamp as a ‘sad loss to the athletics family in SA.ÔÇØ