- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Hammer medallist dies
- Updated: March 28, 2010
South African track and field athletics is mourning the death of hammer throw athlete Douw Steenkamp.
Steenkamp died in┬á a car accident in Mpumalanga late last week.
Steenkamp, won the bronze medal in the hammer throw competition at the Yellow Pages SA Senior Track and Field Championships in Durban last weekend, and also threw a career best distance of 62.62 metres at the Yellow Pages Series meeting held at the University of Johannesburg last Wednesday.
Athletics South Africa extended their sincere condolences to family members and friends of Steenkamp, with ASA administrator Ray Mali describing the passing away of Steenkamp as a ‘sad loss to the athletics family in SA.ÔÇØ