- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Trail runners head for Kleinmond
- Updated: March 5, 2010
Entries have opened for South Africa’s most exciting three-day stage race, the ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun, presented by New Balance. Taking place from 7-9 May, each day’s stage will begin and end in the picturesque town of Kleinmond.
The three routes have been planned in such a way that the participants will have the opportunity to tackle a different and breathtaking scenic route each day, which will allow them to enjoy the full diversity of the world-renowned Kogelberg Biosphere.
Although the distances can be quite a challenge, the route will be laid out on jeep and single tracks that are runner-friendly and will include magnificent views of the ocean, mountains and waterfalls.
Teamwork will form an essential part of the race, as participants will have to rely on each other’s experience and expertise in order to complete the route.
Teams of two (male/female/mixed) will battle it out on a route varying in distance between 25-42km each day.┬áThis awe-inspiring trail run stage race will follow a clover-leaf format, which means that runners will finish in Kleinmond on each of the three days.
Their accommodation, meals and entertainment will remain in the same place for the duration of the race. The race village in Kleinmond will be a hive of activity with entertainment throughout the day, which makes the event ideally suited as a family breakaway.┬á Family and friends will also be able to support the athletes at various vantage points along the route.
To be part of the action contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on (021) 883 ÔÇô 2413, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.stillwatersports.com.