- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Youngsters ready to roll
- Updated: March 4, 2010
Cycling South Africa’s young riders for the annual Giro del Capo and Nations Cup events have been announced.
A squad of Under-23 riders has been drawn up with Paul van Zweel and JC Nel doing duty for both teams.
The first event is the Giro del Capo, forerunner to the Cape Argus cycle tour on 14 March.
Christopher Jennings has been left off the Giro del Capo squad due to the fact that he has already left to start his season in Belgium. He will be included in South Africa’s Nation’s Cup team, which will contest five races starting from late March.
Plans are for a ninth rider will be added to the Nation’s Cup roster, based on performance at the Giro del Capo. The Nation’s Cup team ‘s first race will be at the GP du Portugal in late March before contesting Tour de Flanders, La Cote Picarde, ZLM Tour and Giro delle Regionni.
CSA Toyota Team’s roster for Giro del Capo: JC Nel, Paul van Zweel, HB Kruger, Jean Spies, David Brown and Denzil Afrika.
Cycling South Africa’s Nation’s Cup roster: Christopher Jennings, Johann van Zyl, Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, Paul van Zweel, JC Nel, Shaun-Nick Bester, Songezo Jim and Michael Robinson.