- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Youngsters ready to roll
- Updated: March 4, 2010
Cycling South Africa’s young riders for the annual Giro del Capo and Nations Cup events have been announced.
A squad of Under-23 riders has been drawn up with Paul van Zweel and JC Nel doing duty for both teams.
The first event is the Giro del Capo, forerunner to the Cape Argus cycle tour on 14 March.
Christopher Jennings has been left off the Giro del Capo squad due to the fact that he has already left to start his season in Belgium. He will be included in South Africa’s Nation’s Cup team, which will contest five races starting from late March.
Plans are for a ninth rider will be added to the Nation’s Cup roster, based on performance at the Giro del Capo. The Nation’s Cup team ‘s first race will be at the GP du Portugal in late March before contesting Tour de Flanders, La Cote Picarde, ZLM Tour and Giro delle Regionni.
CSA Toyota Team’s roster for Giro del Capo: JC Nel, Paul van Zweel, HB Kruger, Jean Spies, David Brown and Denzil Afrika.
Cycling South Africa’s Nation’s Cup roster: Christopher Jennings, Johann van Zyl, Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, Paul van Zweel, JC Nel, Shaun-Nick Bester, Songezo Jim and Michael Robinson.