- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Africa hopefuls aim for Singapore
- Updated: March 1, 2010
It’s all systems go for the African Qualification tournament for the Youth Boys Olympic Games in Durban this week.
The technical meeting was held at the Coastlands Convention Centre in Durban on Sunday with CAVB’s First Vice President Tubby Reddy presiding as the Control Committee President.
The Control Committee President extended a special welcome to┬á the Democratic Republic of Congo and Liberia for going to great lengths in making the trip to South Africa a reality. Morocco were also welcomed as a seasoned campaigner at this level of competition.
Reddy confirmed that the competition will begin on Wednesday, March 3 with the final round robin matches being played on Saturday (March 6). The winner of the competition will be the African continent’s representative at the inaugural Youth Olympic Games in Singapore┬áin August┬áthis year.
All matches will be played at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre.
The draw for the competition is as follows:
Wednesday, March 3: 5pm┬á┬á ┬áDRC v Morocco
7pm┬á┬á┬á Liberia v South Africa
Thursday, March 4:┬á┬á┬á 5pm┬á┬á┬á┬áMorocco v Liberia
7pm┬á┬á┬á South Africa v DRC
Friday, March 5:┬á┬á┬á┬á Rest Day
Saturday, March 6:┬á 3pm┬á┬á DRC┬á v Liberia
5pm┬á┬á┬áSouth Africa v Morocco