- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Africa hopefuls aim for Singapore
- Updated: March 1, 2010
It’s all systems go for the African Qualification tournament for the Youth Boys Olympic Games in Durban this week.
The technical meeting was held at the Coastlands Convention Centre in Durban on Sunday with CAVB’s First Vice President Tubby Reddy presiding as the Control Committee President.
The Control Committee President extended a special welcome to┬á the Democratic Republic of Congo and Liberia for going to great lengths in making the trip to South Africa a reality. Morocco were also welcomed as a seasoned campaigner at this level of competition.
Reddy confirmed that the competition will begin on Wednesday, March 3 with the final round robin matches being played on Saturday (March 6). The winner of the competition will be the African continent’s representative at the inaugural Youth Olympic Games in Singapore┬áin August┬áthis year.
All matches will be played at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre.
The draw for the competition is as follows:
Wednesday, March 3: 5pm┬á┬á ┬áDRC v Morocco
7pm┬á┬á┬á Liberia v South Africa
Thursday, March 4:┬á┬á┬á 5pm┬á┬á┬á┬áMorocco v Liberia
7pm┬á┬á┬á South Africa v DRC
Friday, March 5:┬á┬á┬á┬á Rest Day
Saturday, March 6:┬á 3pm┬á┬á DRC┬á v Liberia
5pm┬á┬á┬áSouth Africa v Morocco