- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Africa hopefuls aim for Singapore
- Updated: March 1, 2010
It’s all systems go for the African Qualification tournament for the Youth Boys Olympic Games in Durban this week.
The technical meeting was held at the Coastlands Convention Centre in Durban on Sunday with CAVB’s First Vice President Tubby Reddy presiding as the Control Committee President.
The Control Committee President extended a special welcome to┬á the Democratic Republic of Congo and Liberia for going to great lengths in making the trip to South Africa a reality. Morocco were also welcomed as a seasoned campaigner at this level of competition.
Reddy confirmed that the competition will begin on Wednesday, March 3 with the final round robin matches being played on Saturday (March 6). The winner of the competition will be the African continent’s representative at the inaugural Youth Olympic Games in Singapore┬áin August┬áthis year.
All matches will be played at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre.
The draw for the competition is as follows:
Wednesday, March 3: 5pm┬á┬á ┬áDRC v Morocco
7pm┬á┬á┬á Liberia v South Africa
Thursday, March 4:┬á┬á┬á 5pm┬á┬á┬á┬áMorocco v Liberia
7pm┬á┬á┬á South Africa v DRC
Friday, March 5:┬á┬á┬á┬á Rest Day
Saturday, March 6:┬á 3pm┬á┬á DRC┬á v Liberia
5pm┬á┬á┬áSouth Africa v Morocco