- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Early bird entries for Cape Epic
- Updated: February 9, 2010
The Absa Cape Epic lottery system is set to once again create excitement amongst cycling enthusiasts who want to challenge themselves in the biggest mountain bike stage race in the world.
Early bird entries for the 2011 race (the first 100 entrants get to participate on a first come, first served basis) will take place on 29 March 2010 at 2pm, and if last year was anything to go by, will again only take 100 seconds to be fully subscribed.
The lottery opens on the same day (29 March), so those who do not succeed in the early bird entries, can apply straight away. The closing date for the lottery is 30 May 2010.
Said Kevin Vermaak, Director and Founder of the Absa Cape Epic: ÔÇ£International demand is growing year on year and the lottery system is the most unbiased way of managing the massive demand for entries. In this way, we can allow new riders from around the world to participate every year.
ÔÇ£The early bird entries worked like a charm last year and we were pleasantly surprised by the demand as well as the outcome. It only took 100 seconds for 100 entries to be taken and we’re confident that we’ll get the same result this year. It opens up the playing field and adds some excitement to the race. Of course Lady Luck also has a lot to do with it,ÔÇØ Vermaak concludes.
Visit www.cape-epic.com for more details.