- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
Early bird entries for Cape Epic
- Updated: February 9, 2010
The Absa Cape Epic lottery system is set to once again create excitement amongst cycling enthusiasts who want to challenge themselves in the biggest mountain bike stage race in the world.
Early bird entries for the 2011 race (the first 100 entrants get to participate on a first come, first served basis) will take place on 29 March 2010 at 2pm, and if last year was anything to go by, will again only take 100 seconds to be fully subscribed.
The lottery opens on the same day (29 March), so those who do not succeed in the early bird entries, can apply straight away. The closing date for the lottery is 30 May 2010.
Said Kevin Vermaak, Director and Founder of the Absa Cape Epic: ÔÇ£International demand is growing year on year and the lottery system is the most unbiased way of managing the massive demand for entries. In this way, we can allow new riders from around the world to participate every year.
ÔÇ£The early bird entries worked like a charm last year and we were pleasantly surprised by the demand as well as the outcome. It only took 100 seconds for 100 entries to be taken and we’re confident that we’ll get the same result this year. It opens up the playing field and adds some excitement to the race. Of course Lady Luck also has a lot to do with it,ÔÇØ Vermaak concludes.
Visit www.cape-epic.com for more details.