- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Mdedelwa wins in Potch
- Updated: February 3, 2010
Lungisa Mdedelwa won a hard-fought senior men’s race at the national cross-country trials in Potchefstroom.
Mdedelwa clocked 33min 22sec for the 12-kilometre course, just holding off runner-up Stephen Mokoka by one second. Third was Xolisa Tyali a further three seconds adrift.
Former national champion Boy Soke could only manage seventh spot.
And defending champion Sibusiso Nzima had a day to forget and he ended in the also-rans — 31st in 35:49.
In the senior women’s 8km, visiting Scottish athlete Freya Murray ran away with the victory spoils, covering the course in 25:30.
The talented Phalula twins, Lebo and Lebogang placed second and third respectively with times of 26:25 and 26:44.
As in the men’s race the defending champion made no impact at the top-end of the field. Tebogo Masehla placed seventh in 27:42.