- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Mdedelwa wins in Potch
- Updated: February 3, 2010
Lungisa Mdedelwa won a hard-fought senior men’s race at the national cross-country trials in Potchefstroom.
Mdedelwa clocked 33min 22sec for the 12-kilometre course, just holding off runner-up Stephen Mokoka by one second. Third was Xolisa Tyali a further three seconds adrift.
Former national champion Boy Soke could only manage seventh spot.
And defending champion Sibusiso Nzima had a day to forget and he ended in the also-rans — 31st in 35:49.
In the senior women’s 8km, visiting Scottish athlete Freya Murray ran away with the victory spoils, covering the course in 25:30.
The talented Phalula twins, Lebo and Lebogang placed second and third respectively with times of 26:25 and 26:44.
As in the men’s race the defending champion made no impact at the top-end of the field. Tebogo Masehla placed seventh in 27:42.