- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Mdedelwa wins in Potch
- Updated: February 3, 2010
Lungisa Mdedelwa won a hard-fought senior men’s race at the national cross-country trials in Potchefstroom.
Mdedelwa clocked 33min 22sec for the 12-kilometre course, just holding off runner-up Stephen Mokoka by one second. Third was Xolisa Tyali a further three seconds adrift.
Former national champion Boy Soke could only manage seventh spot.
And defending champion Sibusiso Nzima had a day to forget and he ended in the also-rans — 31st in 35:49.
In the senior women’s 8km, visiting Scottish athlete Freya Murray ran away with the victory spoils, covering the course in 25:30.
The talented Phalula twins, Lebo and Lebogang placed second and third respectively with times of 26:25 and 26:44.
As in the men’s race the defending champion made no impact at the top-end of the field. Tebogo Masehla placed seventh in 27:42.