- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Silver for Mulaudzi
- Updated: February 1, 2010
Commonwealth Select team captain, Mbulaeni Mulaudzi of South Africa, placed second in the 800-metre event at the Aviva indoor meeting in Glasgow, Scotland at the weekend.
The world 800m champion in Berlin last year, Mulaudzi had to settle for second against 21-year-old German athlete Robin Schembera. This after a bid for victory in the middle stages.
The Commonwealth team were competing against the United States, Britain, Germany, Sweden and Canada.
With 300m left to run Mulaudzi hit the front from Karjuan Williams of the US but Schembera overhauled them down back straight and went on to win comfortably in 1min 48.55sec.
Mulaudzi was almost a second behind, clocking 1:49.45, and Anton Asplund of Sweden took third in 1:49.83.
The only other South African invited to the meeting, 2008 Olympic Games silver medallist, Khotso Mokoena, withdrew before the start of the long jump event.