- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Grapplers gear up for Tuks Challenge
- Updated: January 25, 2010
The annual Tuks Challenge, the first major wrestling tournament of the year takes place on 27 February at the University of Pretoria.
More than 500 wrestlers from across South Africa and Namibia will be in action at the tournament that will be held on eight mats. These include the members of the Protea senior and youth teams that recently participated at the Commonwealth Championships in India and Singapore.
Wrestlers of all age groups, from senior to under-eight will participate in Olympic Freestyle wrestling. This year there will also be an opportunity to take part in grappling, the new international wrestling style.
Tuks Wrestling is hosting the tournament. The weigh-in takes place at 7am and the first matches will start from 9.30am at the University’s indoor sports centrum. More information can be obtained from Martie Savrda at 082┬á512 1526.