- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Grapplers gear up for Tuks Challenge
- Updated: January 25, 2010
The annual Tuks Challenge, the first major wrestling tournament of the year takes place on 27 February at the University of Pretoria.
More than 500 wrestlers from across South Africa and Namibia will be in action at the tournament that will be held on eight mats. These include the members of the Protea senior and youth teams that recently participated at the Commonwealth Championships in India and Singapore.
Wrestlers of all age groups, from senior to under-eight will participate in Olympic Freestyle wrestling. This year there will also be an opportunity to take part in grappling, the new international wrestling style.
Tuks Wrestling is hosting the tournament. The weigh-in takes place at 7am and the first matches will start from 9.30am at the University’s indoor sports centrum. More information can be obtained from Martie Savrda at 082┬á512 1526.