- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
Grapplers gear up for Tuks Challenge
- Updated: January 25, 2010
The annual Tuks Challenge, the first major wrestling tournament of the year takes place on 27 February at the University of Pretoria.
More than 500 wrestlers from across South Africa and Namibia will be in action at the tournament that will be held on eight mats. These include the members of the Protea senior and youth teams that recently participated at the Commonwealth Championships in India and Singapore.
Wrestlers of all age groups, from senior to under-eight will participate in Olympic Freestyle wrestling. This year there will also be an opportunity to take part in grappling, the new international wrestling style.
Tuks Wrestling is hosting the tournament. The weigh-in takes place at 7am and the first matches will start from 9.30am at the University’s indoor sports centrum. More information can be obtained from Martie Savrda at 082┬á512 1526.