- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
Liberte go down in club final
- Updated: December 7, 2009
Botswana’s Kutlwano beat South African club Liberte 3-1 to win the African Zone Six club championships in Durban on Sunday.
The match scores were 25-22 25-23 22-25 and 25-21.
The Botswana club’s women’s side were also triumphant, beating another South African outfit, Cigma 3-1 (15-25, 25-23, 25-21 28-26).
In the women’s bronze medal match, Cape Town’s University of the Western Cape beat Zambian club Government Printers 3-0 (25-22 25-21 25-20).
The men’s bronze medal match between the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (South Africa) and BDF6 from Botswana did not take place because of the late arrival of┬á BDF6 at the playing venue.
INDIVIDUAL┬á SPECIAL AWARDS
Best Setter:┬á (women) Lekedzani Bayi (Kutlwano);
(men) Tsimpo Madeluka (Kutlwano)
Best Attacker (women) Zandy Erasmus (UWC)
(men) Ricky Govender (Liberte)
Best Receiver: (women)┬á Sthembile Cele (Cigma)
(men) Shaien Govender (Liberte)
Best Blocker: (women) Dimakatso Mokhachane (Cigma)
(men) Thatayaone Serema (Kutlwano)
Best Server: (women) Tracy Chaba (Kutlwano)
(men) Thabo Seitshiro (Kutlwano)
Most Valuable Player (MVP): (women) Mosego Mosea (Kutlwano)
(men) Shadrack Kapeko (Kutlwano)