- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
Liberte go down in club final
- Updated: December 7, 2009
Botswana’s Kutlwano beat South African club Liberte 3-1 to win the African Zone Six club championships in Durban on Sunday.
The match scores were 25-22 25-23 22-25 and 25-21.
The Botswana club’s women’s side were also triumphant, beating another South African outfit, Cigma 3-1 (15-25, 25-23, 25-21 28-26).
In the women’s bronze medal match, Cape Town’s University of the Western Cape beat Zambian club Government Printers 3-0 (25-22 25-21 25-20).
The men’s bronze medal match between the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (South Africa) and BDF6 from Botswana did not take place because of the late arrival of┬á BDF6 at the playing venue.
INDIVIDUAL┬á SPECIAL AWARDS
Best Setter:┬á (women) Lekedzani Bayi (Kutlwano);
(men) Tsimpo Madeluka (Kutlwano)
Best Attacker (women) Zandy Erasmus (UWC)
(men) Ricky Govender (Liberte)
Best Receiver: (women)┬á Sthembile Cele (Cigma)
(men) Shaien Govender (Liberte)
Best Blocker: (women) Dimakatso Mokhachane (Cigma)
(men) Thatayaone Serema (Kutlwano)
Best Server: (women) Tracy Chaba (Kutlwano)
(men) Thabo Seitshiro (Kutlwano)
Most Valuable Player (MVP): (women) Mosego Mosea (Kutlwano)
(men) Shadrack Kapeko (Kutlwano)