- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Volleyball aces head for KZN
- Updated: November 22, 2009
Volleyball’s┬á 2009 African Zone 6 club championship for men and women will be hosted in South Africa from November 30 to December 6.
Because of an unprecedented number of entries for this zonal showpiece, the event will be staged concurrently at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre and the Tongaat Sport Centre.
Twelve (12) men and 11 women’s teams from Lesotho; Swaziland; Zimbabwe; Zambia and Botswana will join hosts┬áSouth Africa in this contest which is a precusor to the 2010 African continental club championship.
Last year’s┬áZone 6 club champions,┬áLiberte┬áfrom Tongaat (South Africa) represented the zone at the African club┬áchampionship in Cairo, Egypt.
South Africa’s representatives at this year’s event are defending champions, Liberte (Tongaat); University of Johannesburg (UJ) and the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (men) and in the women’s category, Cigma from Pretoria.
The men and women’s finals are scheduled for Saturday (December 6) at the Durban University of Technology.