- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Volleyball aces head for KZN
- Updated: November 22, 2009
Volleyball’s┬á 2009 African Zone 6 club championship for men and women will be hosted in South Africa from November 30 to December 6.
Because of an unprecedented number of entries for this zonal showpiece, the event will be staged concurrently at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre and the Tongaat Sport Centre.
Twelve (12) men and 11 women’s teams from Lesotho; Swaziland; Zimbabwe; Zambia and Botswana will join hosts┬áSouth Africa in this contest which is a precusor to the 2010 African continental club championship.
Last year’s┬áZone 6 club champions,┬áLiberte┬áfrom Tongaat (South Africa) represented the zone at the African club┬áchampionship in Cairo, Egypt.
South Africa’s representatives at this year’s event are defending champions, Liberte (Tongaat); University of Johannesburg (UJ) and the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (men) and in the women’s category, Cigma from Pretoria.
The men and women’s finals are scheduled for Saturday (December 6) at the Durban University of Technology.