- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Volleyball aces head for KZN
- Updated: November 22, 2009
Volleyball’s┬á 2009 African Zone 6 club championship for men and women will be hosted in South Africa from November 30 to December 6.
Because of an unprecedented number of entries for this zonal showpiece, the event will be staged concurrently at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre and the Tongaat Sport Centre.
Twelve (12) men and 11 women’s teams from Lesotho; Swaziland; Zimbabwe; Zambia and Botswana will join hosts┬áSouth Africa in this contest which is a precusor to the 2010 African continental club championship.
Last year’s┬áZone 6 club champions,┬áLiberte┬áfrom Tongaat (South Africa) represented the zone at the African club┬áchampionship in Cairo, Egypt.
South Africa’s representatives at this year’s event are defending champions, Liberte (Tongaat); University of Johannesburg (UJ) and the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (men) and in the women’s category, Cigma from Pretoria.
The men and women’s finals are scheduled for Saturday (December 6) at the Durban University of Technology.