- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Volleyball aces head for KZN
- Updated: November 22, 2009
Volleyball’s┬á 2009 African Zone 6 club championship for men and women will be hosted in South Africa from November 30 to December 6.
Because of an unprecedented number of entries for this zonal showpiece, the event will be staged concurrently at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre and the Tongaat Sport Centre.
Twelve (12) men and 11 women’s teams from Lesotho; Swaziland; Zimbabwe; Zambia and Botswana will join hosts┬áSouth Africa in this contest which is a precusor to the 2010 African continental club championship.
Last year’s┬áZone 6 club champions,┬áLiberte┬áfrom Tongaat (South Africa) represented the zone at the African club┬áchampionship in Cairo, Egypt.
South Africa’s representatives at this year’s event are defending champions, Liberte (Tongaat); University of Johannesburg (UJ) and the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (men) and in the women’s category, Cigma from Pretoria.
The men and women’s finals are scheduled for Saturday (December 6) at the Durban University of Technology.