- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Volleyball aces head for KZN
- Updated: November 22, 2009
Volleyball’s┬á 2009 African Zone 6 club championship for men and women will be hosted in South Africa from November 30 to December 6.
Because of an unprecedented number of entries for this zonal showpiece, the event will be staged concurrently at the Durban University of Technology’s (DUT) Fred Crookes Sport Centre and the Tongaat Sport Centre.
Twelve (12) men and 11 women’s teams from Lesotho; Swaziland; Zimbabwe; Zambia and Botswana will join hosts┬áSouth Africa in this contest which is a precusor to the 2010 African continental club championship.
Last year’s┬áZone 6 club champions,┬áLiberte┬áfrom Tongaat (South Africa) represented the zone at the African club┬áchampionship in Cairo, Egypt.
South Africa’s representatives at this year’s event are defending champions, Liberte (Tongaat); University of Johannesburg (UJ) and the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (men) and in the women’s category, Cigma from Pretoria.
The men and women’s finals are scheduled for Saturday (December 6) at the Durban University of Technology.