- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Top Pole for SA waters
- Updated: November 5, 2009
Experienced Polish yachtsman Dr Tomasz Chamera will facilitate a coach and sailor development clinic in Durban early next year.
South African Sailing has invited Chamera, Director of Racing of the Polish Yachting Association to the clinic and hope that this will be the first of many development clinics for our sailors, sailing instructors and coaches.
Chamera visited South Africa last year in October to present the ISAF International Race Officer Seminar. He brings a range of skills and years of coaching and sailor development experience that will be most beneficial to all racing coaches and sailors who wish to improve their racing skills.
Point Yacht Club has agreed to host the clinic on behalf of South African Sailing. Lloyd McNeill has undertaken to make all the necessary arrangements with regards to camping, meals, boats and equipment. The SAS Lasers and 420’s will be available for sailors who wish to participate in the clinic. Sailors will be required to pay a refundable damage deposit for the use of the boats to cover insurance excess.
At this stage we cannot advise a final cost per person but we will make every effort to make the clinic as affordable as possible to all. More information with regards to course content and costs will be communicated to you in due course.
For more information please contact Sue McWha at [email protected]