- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Prior gets call-up
- Updated: November 5, 2009
Vincent Prior is one of two changes to the national men’s hockey squad to take part in the BDO Men’s Champions Challenge tournament in Argentina next month.
Prior, who hails from North West Province, comes in for Rassie Pieterse who is injured and unable to make the trip to Salta.
The other change is Jonty Robinson, in for Lungile Tsolekile, who is unavailable due to work commitements. Austin Smith once again captains the side.
The Challenge 1 tournament will run from 6-13 December and South Africa will come up against hosts Argentina, Belgium, Canada, China, India, New Zealand and Pakistan.
First prize if South Africa win the tournament is promotion into the 2010 Champions Trophy tournament.
South Africa will be hoping that they continue their good form of Accra, Ghana where they won the Africa Cup of Nations tournament to retain their top ranking in the continent.
Paul Blake (WP), Brendon Botes (EP), Miguel da Graca (SG), Rhett Halkett (Nor.), Justin Reid-Ross (NW), Gareth Carr (Kzn Coastals), Lance Louw (SG), Jonty Robinson (Nor.), Tommy Hammond (Kzn Inlands), Ian Haley (WP), Julian Hykes (Amathole), Wade Paton (Kzn Coastals), Thornton McDade (SG), Lloyd Norris-Jones (SG), Austin Smith (WP) (Capt), Lloyd Madsen (Kzn Coastals), Vincent Prior (NW), Marvin Harper (Kzn Coastals).
Manager: Anton van Rooyen, Coach: Gregg Clark, Assistant coach: David Viney, Video/Stats: Moabi Malebye, Physiotherapist: Pierre Kruger