- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Prior gets call-up
- Updated: November 5, 2009
Vincent Prior is one of two changes to the national men’s hockey squad to take part in the BDO Men’s Champions Challenge tournament in Argentina next month.
Prior, who hails from North West Province, comes in for Rassie Pieterse who is injured and unable to make the trip to Salta.
The other change is Jonty Robinson, in for Lungile Tsolekile, who is unavailable due to work commitements. Austin Smith once again captains the side.
The Challenge 1 tournament will run from 6-13 December and South Africa will come up against hosts Argentina, Belgium, Canada, China, India, New Zealand and Pakistan.
First prize if South Africa win the tournament is promotion into the 2010 Champions Trophy tournament.
South Africa will be hoping that they continue their good form of Accra, Ghana where they won the Africa Cup of Nations tournament to retain their top ranking in the continent.
Paul Blake (WP), Brendon Botes (EP), Miguel da Graca (SG), Rhett Halkett (Nor.), Justin Reid-Ross (NW), Gareth Carr (Kzn Coastals), Lance Louw (SG), Jonty Robinson (Nor.), Tommy Hammond (Kzn Inlands), Ian Haley (WP), Julian Hykes (Amathole), Wade Paton (Kzn Coastals), Thornton McDade (SG), Lloyd Norris-Jones (SG), Austin Smith (WP) (Capt), Lloyd Madsen (Kzn Coastals), Vincent Prior (NW), Marvin Harper (Kzn Coastals).
Manager: Anton van Rooyen, Coach: Gregg Clark, Assistant coach: David Viney, Video/Stats: Moabi Malebye, Physiotherapist: Pierre Kruger