- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Olympic 400m for Bolt?
- Updated: October 31, 2009
Olympic and world sprint champion Usain Bolt plans to expand his horizons and move up to the 400 metres after setting world records in the 100m and 200m.
Most would say that he is already a legend but Bolt told a news conference in Nairobi that his main goal was to become a legend in his sport after shattering the 100m and 200m world records at last year’s Beijing Olympics and again at this year’s Berlin IAAF World Championships.
“Next year is the same thing, win the championships, break more records and eventually move up to the 400m,” he said.
The 23-year-old Jamaican, who also confirmed he was interested in attempting the long jump, has previously hinted that he might attempt the 400m at the 2012 London Olympics.