- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Juniors set three records in Mauritius
- Updated: October 22, 2009
The SA teen swim machine burst into action as Vanessa Mohr, Kayla Ferreira and Tamlyn Crafford set championship records in the heats session on the opening day of the African Junior Championships held in Mauritius today.
Competing in the 13-14 years age group, Tshwane-based Mohr clocked championship record times of 1min 03.05sec in the 100 metres butterfly and 1:05.46 in the 100m backstroke, while Ferreira, who also hails from Tshwane, set a championship record time of 2:06.17 in the 200m freestyle in the 15-16 year age category.
Johannesburg’s Crafford clocked a championship record of 59.26 in the 100m freestyle in the 13-14 years age group.