- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
Juniors set three records in Mauritius
- Updated: October 22, 2009
The SA teen swim machine burst into action as Vanessa Mohr, Kayla Ferreira and Tamlyn Crafford set championship records in the heats session on the opening day of the African Junior Championships held in Mauritius today.
Competing in the 13-14 years age group, Tshwane-based Mohr clocked championship record times of 1min 03.05sec in the 100 metres butterfly and 1:05.46 in the 100m backstroke, while Ferreira, who also hails from Tshwane, set a championship record time of 2:06.17 in the 200m freestyle in the 15-16 year age category.
Johannesburg’s Crafford clocked a championship record of 59.26 in the 100m freestyle in the 13-14 years age group.