- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Juniors set three records in Mauritius
- Updated: October 22, 2009
The SA teen swim machine burst into action as Vanessa Mohr, Kayla Ferreira and Tamlyn Crafford set championship records in the heats session on the opening day of the African Junior Championships held in Mauritius today.
Competing in the 13-14 years age group, Tshwane-based Mohr clocked championship record times of 1min 03.05sec in the 100 metres butterfly and 1:05.46 in the 100m backstroke, while Ferreira, who also hails from Tshwane, set a championship record time of 2:06.17 in the 200m freestyle in the 15-16 year age category.
Johannesburg’s Crafford clocked a championship record of 59.26 in the 100m freestyle in the 13-14 years age group.