- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
Juniors set three records in Mauritius
- Updated: October 22, 2009
The SA teen swim machine burst into action as Vanessa Mohr, Kayla Ferreira and Tamlyn Crafford set championship records in the heats session on the opening day of the African Junior Championships held in Mauritius today.
Competing in the 13-14 years age group, Tshwane-based Mohr clocked championship record times of 1min 03.05sec in the 100 metres butterfly and 1:05.46 in the 100m backstroke, while Ferreira, who also hails from Tshwane, set a championship record time of 2:06.17 in the 200m freestyle in the 15-16 year age category.
Johannesburg’s Crafford clocked a championship record of 59.26 in the 100m freestyle in the 13-14 years age group.