- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Juniors set three records in Mauritius
- Updated: October 22, 2009
The SA teen swim machine burst into action as Vanessa Mohr, Kayla Ferreira and Tamlyn Crafford set championship records in the heats session on the opening day of the African Junior Championships held in Mauritius today.
Competing in the 13-14 years age group, Tshwane-based Mohr clocked championship record times of 1min 03.05sec in the 100 metres butterfly and 1:05.46 in the 100m backstroke, while Ferreira, who also hails from Tshwane, set a championship record time of 2:06.17 in the 200m freestyle in the 15-16 year age category.
Johannesburg’s Crafford clocked a championship record of 59.26 in the 100m freestyle in the 13-14 years age group.