i feel like weightlifting is doing a lot for SA but it does not get enough exposure like any other sporting codes like ruby, cricket, soccer etc. i feel like we are left out and our lifters are struggling to make a living because there is no money for us. this is very sad travelling around the world winning medals and not get even one sponsorship that is very sad. Thanks Lulama Ngwele
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
Nine weightlifters for Penang
- Updated: October 5, 2009
A national team of nine leaves for the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in Penang, Malaysia on October 17.
The championships will take place from 19-23 October.
Doing duty for their country will be: Babalwa Ndleleni, Portia Vries, Mona Pretorius, Jean Greeff, Luwellyn Phillips, Otsile Greg Shushu, Alphonso Adonis, Zayanda Mjezu and Mninikhaya Ngwele.
The competition is for juniors as well as seniors and national coach Aveenash Pandoo will travel with the teaml
He will be assisted by Neville Swart and Willem Phillip.┬á Gardencia du Plooy has been named as manager.
The team returns┬á on 25 October.