- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Stars head for Limpopo
- Updated: September 30, 2009
The final Athletics South Africa half-marathon of the year will be the Nedbank Matha Series in Polokwane, Limpopo on Saturday, October 3.
ÔÇ£Runners will again have an opportunity at the Limpopo event to finalise their preparations for the flagship event of the Nedbank Series ÔÇô the Nedbank Soweto Marathon, on 1 November 2009,” said Patrick Baransky, Nedbank Sponsorship Manager.
“We’re looking forward to some more blazing performances on this relatively fast course, and are also happy to be returning to Polokwane for the third time now,ÔÇØ said Baransky.
This is also ASA’s last half marathon tune-up event before the IAAF’s World Half Marathon Championships, which will be held on 11 October 2009 in Birmingham, UK.
ASA Events Manager, Phiwe Mlangeni-Tsholetsane, said that ASA and its partners have had a breakthrough year of Matha Series events. ÔÇ£Performances in the 2009 Nedbank Matha Series have shown a marked improvement than in the previous editions. Similarly, participation figures have increased significantly during the current season.
ÔÇ£The introduction of incentives has seen more SA runners winning these races, including the outstanding performances in the national Nedbank SA Half Marathon Championships, where for the first time a full squad was selected for the World Champs in Birmingham,ÔÇØ explains Mlangeni-Tsholetsane.
The 21.1 km race starts at 7am, while the 5km Fun Run begins at 7.15am at Van Riebeek Cricket Field in Suid Street.