- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
Meyer meets his match
- Updated: September 23, 2009
Gerald Meyer went down to Greek wrestler Theodorsios Pavlidis at the World Wrestling Championships in Herning, Denmark on Tuesday.
Meyer was fighting in the 84 kilogram division.
He joins Heinrich Barnes and Etienne van Huyssteen as SA wrestlers beaten at the championships.
Meyer lost 3-0 in the three-round match-up and was ranked 34th in the division.
South Africa’s next hope is Richard Addinall who goes up against unknown Chinese opponent Shengfeng Bi in the 74kg division.