- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Meyer meets his match
- Updated: September 23, 2009
Gerald Meyer went down to Greek wrestler Theodorsios Pavlidis at the World Wrestling Championships in Herning, Denmark on Tuesday.
Meyer was fighting in the 84 kilogram division.
He joins Heinrich Barnes and Etienne van Huyssteen as SA wrestlers beaten at the championships.
Meyer lost 3-0 in the three-round match-up and was ranked 34th in the division.
South Africa’s next hope is Richard Addinall who goes up against unknown Chinese opponent Shengfeng Bi in the 74kg division.