Hi I am very Proud of Ernst's efforts. I would love to meet him and explore some performance consulting with him - That's what we do at PX2 South Africa. Regards, Greig
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Bronze for Van Dyk
- Updated: September 11, 2009
Ernst van Dyk took the bronze medal in the men’s individual time trial at the Para-cycling world championships in Bogogno, Italy.
Stellenbosch’s Van Dyk clocked 30min 41.07 seconds for the 19.40 kilometre event.
Winner was American Oscar Sanchez who clocked 29:09.86. The silver medal went to Austrian Elmar Sternath in 30:32.43.
The winner covered the time trial at an average pace of 39.912kph.
Said Van Dyk, 36, after the race: “My third spot was one place better than Beijing where i got fourth so I’m pretty happy with that.”