Well done Terence and all the other swimmers. You do us proud. I just wish that your achievements were published a bit better. People need to know about South Africans doing well.
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Parkin gets gold in Taipei
- Updated: September 10, 2009
Former Olympian Terence Parkin has won his fourth 400-metre Individual Medley gold medal at the Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan.
Parkin clocked 4min 47.57sec for his gold medal and set a Deaflympic record in the process.
Another gold in the pool came from Peggy De Villiers who won the 50m backstroke in 31.11sec to break the deaflympic record. The 15-year-old also got silver in the 100m freestyle, clocking 59.84sec.
Marko Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen took fourth in the 100m freestyle, his 53.47sec a personal best time.
Shanon van der Berg ended 14th overall in the 50m backstroke, his 31.06sec in the B-final a second outside his personal best.