Well done Terence and all the other swimmers. You do us proud. I just wish that your achievements were published a bit better. People need to know about South Africans doing well.
- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Parkin gets gold in Taipei
- Updated: September 10, 2009
Former Olympian Terence Parkin has won his fourth 400-metre Individual Medley gold medal at the Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan.
Parkin clocked 4min 47.57sec for his gold medal and set a Deaflympic record in the process.
Another gold in the pool came from Peggy De Villiers who won the 50m backstroke in 31.11sec to break the deaflympic record. The 15-year-old also got silver in the 100m freestyle, clocking 59.84sec.
Marko Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen took fourth in the 100m freestyle, his 53.47sec a personal best time.
Shanon van der Berg ended 14th overall in the 50m backstroke, his 31.06sec in the B-final a second outside his personal best.