Well done Terence and all the other swimmers. You do us proud. I just wish that your achievements were published a bit better. People need to know about South Africans doing well.
- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
Parkin gets gold in Taipei
- Updated: September 10, 2009
Former Olympian Terence Parkin has won his fourth 400-metre Individual Medley gold medal at the Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan.
Parkin clocked 4min 47.57sec for his gold medal and set a Deaflympic record in the process.
Another gold in the pool came from Peggy De Villiers who won the 50m backstroke in 31.11sec to break the deaflympic record. The 15-year-old also got silver in the 100m freestyle, clocking 59.84sec.
Marko Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen took fourth in the 100m freestyle, his 53.47sec a personal best time.
Shanon van der Berg ended 14th overall in the 50m backstroke, his 31.06sec in the B-final a second outside his personal best.