Well done Terence and all the other swimmers. You do us proud. I just wish that your achievements were published a bit better. People need to know about South Africans doing well.
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Parkin gets gold in Taipei
- Updated: September 10, 2009
Former Olympian Terence Parkin has won his fourth 400-metre Individual Medley gold medal at the Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan.
Parkin clocked 4min 47.57sec for his gold medal and set a Deaflympic record in the process.
Another gold in the pool came from Peggy De Villiers who won the 50m backstroke in 31.11sec to break the deaflympic record. The 15-year-old also got silver in the 100m freestyle, clocking 59.84sec.
Marko Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen took fourth in the 100m freestyle, his 53.47sec a personal best time.
Shanon van der Berg ended 14th overall in the 50m backstroke, his 31.06sec in the B-final a second outside his personal best.