Well done Terence and all the other swimmers. You do us proud. I just wish that your achievements were published a bit better. People need to know about South Africans doing well.
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Parkin gets gold in Taipei
- Updated: September 10, 2009
Former Olympian Terence Parkin has won his fourth 400-metre Individual Medley gold medal at the Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan.
Parkin clocked 4min 47.57sec for his gold medal and set a Deaflympic record in the process.
Another gold in the pool came from Peggy De Villiers who won the 50m backstroke in 31.11sec to break the deaflympic record. The 15-year-old also got silver in the 100m freestyle, clocking 59.84sec.
Marko Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen took fourth in the 100m freestyle, his 53.47sec a personal best time.
Shanon van der Berg ended 14th overall in the 50m backstroke, his 31.06sec in the B-final a second outside his personal best.