- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Moodie into third round
- Updated: September 6, 2009
South African Wesley Moodie and his big Belgian partner Dick Norman got past the French combination of Marc Gicquel and Fabrice Santoro to move into the third round of the US Open in New York.
Moodie and Norman went through 7-6 (5) 7-6 (4) in the ATP Tour’s last Major of 2009.
The South African and Belgian, who first teamed up this past February, have enjoyed considerable success in Grand Slam action in their young partnership, reaching the French Open as well as the Wimbledon semi-finals.
Moodie, a member of SASCOC’s OPEX squad for the 2012 Olympics in London, and Norman now take on Martin Damm and Robert Lindstedt the 11th seeds.
Damm and Lindstedt went past Argentinians Maximo Gonzalez and Juan Monaco 6-2 6-4.
Top seeds and defending champions Bob and Mike Bryan beat Romanian’s Andrei Pavel and Horia Tecau 7-6 6-3 and they’ll be trying to add to their Australian Open title that they took in January.
The Bryans next face Guillermo Garcia Lopez and Oliver Rochus.