- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Moodie into third round
- Updated: September 6, 2009
South African Wesley Moodie and his big Belgian partner Dick Norman got past the French combination of Marc Gicquel and Fabrice Santoro to move into the third round of the US Open in New York.
Moodie and Norman went through 7-6 (5) 7-6 (4) in the ATP Tour’s last Major of 2009.
The South African and Belgian, who first teamed up this past February, have enjoyed considerable success in Grand Slam action in their young partnership, reaching the French Open as well as the Wimbledon semi-finals.
Moodie, a member of SASCOC’s OPEX squad for the 2012 Olympics in London, and Norman now take on Martin Damm and Robert Lindstedt the 11th seeds.
Damm and Lindstedt went past Argentinians Maximo Gonzalez and Juan Monaco 6-2 6-4.
Top seeds and defending champions Bob and Mike Bryan beat Romanian’s Andrei Pavel and Horia Tecau 7-6 6-3 and they’ll be trying to add to their Australian Open title that they took in January.
The Bryans next face Guillermo Garcia Lopez and Oliver Rochus.