- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Brand and Carla the ones to beat
- Updated: September 4, 2009
The penultimate in the eight-leg Momentum Health Teavigo Duathlon Series hits Midmar on Sunday 6 September with series leader Brand Du Plessis and off-road exponent Carla Germishuys the ÔÇ£bookiesÔÇØ favourites to win.
Du Plessis has been in a class of his own in the series and has won six out of six races, many of them going away from his competitors and with his preparations for the World Championships in the USA on 26 September in full swing, he should once again carry the day.
His biggest competition should come from Stuart Marais who in the last race had to battle not only a stellar field, but also a bout of flu. Marais did run him close in Port Elizabeth in June.
Carla on the other hand has won every time the race included a mountain bike leg and in the absence of series leader Andrea Steyn who has opted to train for the World Championships instead, Carla should win this one going away.
Racing gets underway at 10am, with a 5km run, 20km mountain bike leg and 2.5km run. A healthy purse of R43,000 is up for grabs.