- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Coetzee crashes out
- Updated: September 3, 2009
Jeff Coetzee, a member of┬á SASCOC’s OPEX squad for the 2012 Olympics in London, has gone out in the first round of the doubles at the US Open in New York.
Coetzee, who was teamed up with Israel’s Jonathan Erlich, went down 3-6 6-3 6-4. They lost to eighth seeds, Bruno Soares of Brazil and Zimbabwean Kevin Ullyet.
There was better news for SA tennis fans as Davis Cup player Rik de Voest and US partner Rajeev Ram beat the 14th seeds, Ashley Fisher and Jordan Kerr 7-6 6-4.
Wesley Moodie, South Africa’s top doubles player, and also a member of the OPEX squad, is seeded seventh, along with giant Belgian Dick Norman. They play the French duo of Julien Benneteau and Jeremy Chardy in first round action.