- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Coetzee crashes out
- Updated: September 3, 2009
Jeff Coetzee, a member of┬á SASCOC’s OPEX squad for the 2012 Olympics in London, has gone out in the first round of the doubles at the US Open in New York.
Coetzee, who was teamed up with Israel’s Jonathan Erlich, went down 3-6 6-3 6-4. They lost to eighth seeds, Bruno Soares of Brazil and Zimbabwean Kevin Ullyet.
There was better news for SA tennis fans as Davis Cup player Rik de Voest and US partner Rajeev Ram beat the 14th seeds, Ashley Fisher and Jordan Kerr 7-6 6-4.
Wesley Moodie, South Africa’s top doubles player, and also a member of the OPEX squad, is seeded seventh, along with giant Belgian Dick Norman. They play the French duo of Julien Benneteau and Jeremy Chardy in first round action.