- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
Coetzee crashes out
- Updated: September 3, 2009
Jeff Coetzee, a member of┬á SASCOC’s OPEX squad for the 2012 Olympics in London, has gone out in the first round of the doubles at the US Open in New York.
Coetzee, who was teamed up with Israel’s Jonathan Erlich, went down 3-6 6-3 6-4. They lost to eighth seeds, Bruno Soares of Brazil and Zimbabwean Kevin Ullyet.
There was better news for SA tennis fans as Davis Cup player Rik de Voest and US partner Rajeev Ram beat the 14th seeds, Ashley Fisher and Jordan Kerr 7-6 6-4.
Wesley Moodie, South Africa’s top doubles player, and also a member of the OPEX squad, is seeded seventh, along with giant Belgian Dick Norman. They play the French duo of Julien Benneteau and Jeremy Chardy in first round action.