- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Bronze for Under-21s
- Updated: September 2, 2009
Our Under-21 women’s team brought back a bronze medal from the recent African Table Tennis Championships in Rabat, Morocco.
South Africa competed against eight other countries. They were hosts, Morocco, Egypt, Congo, Tunisia, Nigeria, Djibouti, Algeria and Ivory Coast.
The men’s team placed sixth at the same championships.
Then at the recent Confederation of Zone VI Championships in Benoni, we snapped up all the gold medals on offer.
South Africa took on six other African countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Zimbabwe.