- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Moodie reaches quarters in Cincinnati
- Updated: August 24, 2009
OPEX member Wesley Moodie and Dick Norman reached the quarter-finals of the Cincinnati Masters tournament in the United States at the weekend.
The lanky South African and his Belgian partner were involved in another epic final-setter before going down 6-4 7-6 13-11 to the Bryan brothers, Bob and Mike in the quarters.
Moodie is a member of Sascoc’s Operation Excellence squad, created for possible medallists at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Moodie is expected to be a key factor when South Africa take on India in the World Group Davis Cup play-off at the Ellis Park Indoor Arena from September 18-20.
Norman’s wife is due to give birth this week and he is returning home to be with her.
But Moodie says he’s hopeful that Norman would return to America before the month-end United States Open – although the South African is in the fortunate position of having a standby partner of the calibre of Russia’s Michail Youzhny.