- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Moodie reaches quarters in Cincinnati
- Updated: August 24, 2009
OPEX member Wesley Moodie and Dick Norman reached the quarter-finals of the Cincinnati Masters tournament in the United States at the weekend.
The lanky South African and his Belgian partner were involved in another epic final-setter before going down 6-4 7-6 13-11 to the Bryan brothers, Bob and Mike in the quarters.
Moodie is a member of Sascoc’s Operation Excellence squad, created for possible medallists at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Moodie is expected to be a key factor when South Africa take on India in the World Group Davis Cup play-off at the Ellis Park Indoor Arena from September 18-20.
Norman’s wife is due to give birth this week and he is returning home to be with her.
But Moodie says he’s hopeful that Norman would return to America before the month-end United States Open – although the South African is in the fortunate position of having a standby partner of the calibre of Russia’s Michail Youzhny.