Why did Dr Adams, Jacob Zuma's personal physician advise Kagiso Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe to withdraw "as a result of injuries" from the World Championships in Berlin? What were the real reasons??? If ASA let Caster Simenya run regardless of the dooming results of a gender test, what could be so bad that these two athletes were asked to withdraw???
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Sprinters head home
- Updated: August 14, 2009
On the eve of the World Track and Field Championships in Berlin, Germany, the South African team has been reduced to 29 members.
Sprinters Kagisho Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe have lost their battle against injury and return home.
Kumbane has a pinched nerve in his lower back, picked up at last month’s World Student Games in Belgrade while Meshoe can’t shake off a hamstring injury from an earlier training camp.
The Championships start tomorrow and end on August 23.