Why did Dr Adams, Jacob Zuma's personal physician advise Kagiso Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe to withdraw "as a result of injuries" from the World Championships in Berlin? What were the real reasons??? If ASA let Caster Simenya run regardless of the dooming results of a gender test, what could be so bad that these two athletes were asked to withdraw???
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Sprinters head home
- Updated: August 14, 2009
On the eve of the World Track and Field Championships in Berlin, Germany, the South African team has been reduced to 29 members.
Sprinters Kagisho Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe have lost their battle against injury and return home.
Kumbane has a pinched nerve in his lower back, picked up at last month’s World Student Games in Belgrade while Meshoe can’t shake off a hamstring injury from an earlier training camp.
The Championships start tomorrow and end on August 23.