Why did Dr Adams, Jacob Zuma's personal physician advise Kagiso Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe to withdraw "as a result of injuries" from the World Championships in Berlin? What were the real reasons??? If ASA let Caster Simenya run regardless of the dooming results of a gender test, what could be so bad that these two athletes were asked to withdraw???
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Sprinters head home
- Updated: August 14, 2009
On the eve of the World Track and Field Championships in Berlin, Germany, the South African team has been reduced to 29 members.
Sprinters Kagisho Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe have lost their battle against injury and return home.
Kumbane has a pinched nerve in his lower back, picked up at last month’s World Student Games in Belgrade while Meshoe can’t shake off a hamstring injury from an earlier training camp.
The Championships start tomorrow and end on August 23.