Why did Dr Adams, Jacob Zuma's personal physician advise Kagiso Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe to withdraw "as a result of injuries" from the World Championships in Berlin? What were the real reasons??? If ASA let Caster Simenya run regardless of the dooming results of a gender test, what could be so bad that these two athletes were asked to withdraw???
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
Sprinters head home
- Updated: August 14, 2009
On the eve of the World Track and Field Championships in Berlin, Germany, the South African team has been reduced to 29 members.
Sprinters Kagisho Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe have lost their battle against injury and return home.
Kumbane has a pinched nerve in his lower back, picked up at last month’s World Student Games in Belgrade while Meshoe can’t shake off a hamstring injury from an earlier training camp.
The Championships start tomorrow and end on August 23.