Why did Dr Adams, Jacob Zuma's personal physician advise Kagiso Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe to withdraw "as a result of injuries" from the World Championships in Berlin? What were the real reasons??? If ASA let Caster Simenya run regardless of the dooming results of a gender test, what could be so bad that these two athletes were asked to withdraw???
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Sprinters head home
- Updated: August 14, 2009
On the eve of the World Track and Field Championships in Berlin, Germany, the South African team has been reduced to 29 members.
Sprinters Kagisho Kumbane and Tshegofatso Meshoe have lost their battle against injury and return home.
Kumbane has a pinched nerve in his lower back, picked up at last month’s World Student Games in Belgrade while Meshoe can’t shake off a hamstring injury from an earlier training camp.
The Championships start tomorrow and end on August 23.