- Championship Records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
SA go down to the hosts
- Updated: August 6, 2009
The South African men’s side went down 88-72 to hosts Libya in their opening fixture of the African championships in Tripoli.
South Africa, ranked 56th on the world rankings, now play Nigeria in their second game on Thursday.
The other team in Group A are the Ivory Coast.
The championships continue until the final on August 15.