- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
- Ace SA duo in series triumph Down Under
- Montjane ends season on a double high
SA go down to the hosts
- Updated: August 6, 2009
The South African men’s side went down 88-72 to hosts Libya in their opening fixture of the African championships in Tripoli.
South Africa, ranked 56th on the world rankings, now play Nigeria in their second game on Thursday.
The other team in Group A are the Ivory Coast.
The championships continue until the final on August 15.