- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
SA go down to the hosts
- Updated: August 6, 2009
The South African men’s side went down 88-72 to hosts Libya in their opening fixture of the African championships in Tripoli.
South Africa, ranked 56th on the world rankings, now play Nigeria in their second game on Thursday.
The other team in Group A are the Ivory Coast.
The championships continue until the final on August 15.