- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
SA go down to the hosts
- Updated: August 6, 2009
The South African men’s side went down 88-72 to hosts Libya in their opening fixture of the African championships in Tripoli.
South Africa, ranked 56th on the world rankings, now play Nigeria in their second game on Thursday.
The other team in Group A are the Ivory Coast.
The championships continue until the final on August 15.