- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Eastern delight for Kim, Chase
- Updated: July 15, 2009
By Mark Etheridge
Western Cape athletes Chase Minnaar and Kim Brugman had joint reason to celebrate Wednesday.
They both celebrated their birthdays at the unlikely venue of Kaohsiung City, Taiwan.
They’re in Taiwan as part of Team SA who are competing in the World Games, the world’s blue riband event for non-Olympic sports and held every four years after an Olympic year. Brugman turned 24 and Minnaar 23.
But it was nothing out of the ordinary for Brugman who hails from Fish Hoek and will represent her country in the lifesaving events.
“I’m so used to spending my birthday away from home .. in fact I’ve only done that once in about the last five years.
Minnaar, now based with the world champion Sevens Rugby squad in Stellenbosch, went to school at St Andrews in┬á Grahamstown after spending much of his life on a farm near Graaff Reinet.