- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Leeuw, Geringer grab gold
- Updated: July 3, 2009
Our young wrestlers returned from the recent African Junior and Cadet Championships with 12 medals in their baggage.
The Championships were held in the coastal city of Tipaza in Algeria and while the Under-20s and juniors are back the cadets have their turn for medal glory this weekend.
The two golden girls are the Northern Cape’s Brumilda Leeuw and Zumicke Geringer from Gauteng North.
The Greco-Roman team won four silver medals and a bronze and the freestyle team took two silver and three bronze medals.
Silver medallists in the Greco-Roman division were Hayden Abrahams (WP, 96-120kg), Gerhar Botha (Boland, 84-96kg), Richard Ferreira (WP, 74-84kg) and Nhlaganipho Shongwe (Gauteng North, 66-74kg). Bronze went to Gauteng North’s Zhaun Broodryk (55-60kg).
Freestyle silver medallists were: Robbie White (Gauteng East, 50kg) and Hayden Abrahams (96-120kg) and the three bronzes went to Jaco van Staden (GN, 60-66kg), Richard Ferreira (WP, 74-84kg) and Gerhard Botha (Boland, 84-96kg).