- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Hardus fourth in France
- Updated: July 1, 2009
Hardus Pienaar took fourth place in the IAAF meeting in the Meeting Lille Metropole in France Wednesday night.
The South African javeliner opened with a 77.34 metre effort but failed to improve on that mark in his next five throws which included two no-throws. His next best effort was a 76.01m throw.
The competition was won by Latvian Ainars Kovals with an 82.47m hurl.
Another South African in action was Elizna Naude in the discus. She placed sixth, with her second and best throw, reaching the 59.09m. Winner was Nicoleta Grasu of Romania (63.04m).