- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
Hardus fourth in France
- Updated: July 1, 2009
Hardus Pienaar took fourth place in the IAAF meeting in the Meeting Lille Metropole in France Wednesday night.
The South African javeliner opened with a 77.34 metre effort but failed to improve on that mark in his next five throws which included two no-throws. His next best effort was a 76.01m throw.
The competition was won by Latvian Ainars Kovals with an 82.47m hurl.
Another South African in action was Elizna Naude in the discus. She placed sixth, with her second and best throw, reaching the 59.09m. Winner was Nicoleta Grasu of Romania (63.04m).