- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Hardus fourth in France
- Updated: July 1, 2009
Hardus Pienaar took fourth place in the IAAF meeting in the Meeting Lille Metropole in France Wednesday night.
The South African javeliner opened with a 77.34 metre effort but failed to improve on that mark in his next five throws which included two no-throws. His next best effort was a 76.01m throw.
The competition was won by Latvian Ainars Kovals with an 82.47m hurl.
Another South African in action was Elizna Naude in the discus. She placed sixth, with her second and best throw, reaching the 59.09m. Winner was Nicoleta Grasu of Romania (63.04m).