- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
Hardus fourth in France
- Updated: July 1, 2009
Hardus Pienaar took fourth place in the IAAF meeting in the Meeting Lille Metropole in France Wednesday night.
The South African javeliner opened with a 77.34 metre effort but failed to improve on that mark in his next five throws which included two no-throws. His next best effort was a 76.01m throw.
The competition was won by Latvian Ainars Kovals with an 82.47m hurl.
Another South African in action was Elizna Naude in the discus. She placed sixth, with her second and best throw, reaching the 59.09m. Winner was Nicoleta Grasu of Romania (63.04m).