- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Hardus fourth in France
- Updated: July 1, 2009
Hardus Pienaar took fourth place in the IAAF meeting in the Meeting Lille Metropole in France Wednesday night.
The South African javeliner opened with a 77.34 metre effort but failed to improve on that mark in his next five throws which included two no-throws. His next best effort was a 76.01m throw.
The competition was won by Latvian Ainars Kovals with an 82.47m hurl.
Another South African in action was Elizna Naude in the discus. She placed sixth, with her second and best throw, reaching the 59.09m. Winner was Nicoleta Grasu of Romania (63.04m).