- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
- Muizenberg hosts SA’s first Adapative Championships
- SA duo seal silver medals at African Championships
- Harris on the rise after two Futures wins
Moodie moving through
- Updated: June 30, 2009
In-form South African doubles player Wesley Moodie has moved smoothly into the third round at Wimbledon.
A member of SASCOC’s OPEX squad for London, 2012, the ninth seed, coupled with Belgium’s Dick Norman, beat the Russian combination of Igor Andreev and Evgeny Korolev 7-6 3-6 7-5 6-4.
Moodie is the only South African men’s player left in the Wimbledon draw.
Moodie and Norman will now take on Romanians Andrei Pavel and Horia Tecau in the third round.