- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Moodie moving through
- Updated: June 30, 2009
In-form South African doubles player Wesley Moodie has moved smoothly into the third round at Wimbledon.
A member of SASCOC’s OPEX squad for London, 2012, the ninth seed, coupled with Belgium’s Dick Norman, beat the Russian combination of Igor Andreev and Evgeny Korolev 7-6 3-6 7-5 6-4.
Moodie is the only South African men’s player left in the Wimbledon draw.
Moodie and Norman will now take on Romanians Andrei Pavel and Horia Tecau in the third round.