- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Moodie moving through
- Updated: June 30, 2009
In-form South African doubles player Wesley Moodie has moved smoothly into the third round at Wimbledon.
A member of SASCOC’s OPEX squad for London, 2012, the ninth seed, coupled with Belgium’s Dick Norman, beat the Russian combination of Igor Andreev and Evgeny Korolev 7-6 3-6 7-5 6-4.
Moodie is the only South African men’s player left in the Wimbledon draw.
Moodie and Norman will now take on Romanians Andrei Pavel and Horia Tecau in the third round.