- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Moodie moving through
- Updated: June 30, 2009
In-form South African doubles player Wesley Moodie has moved smoothly into the third round at Wimbledon.
A member of SASCOC’s OPEX squad for London, 2012, the ninth seed, coupled with Belgium’s Dick Norman, beat the Russian combination of Igor Andreev and Evgeny Korolev 7-6 3-6 7-5 6-4.
Moodie is the only South African men’s player left in the Wimbledon draw.
Moodie and Norman will now take on Romanians Andrei Pavel and Horia Tecau in the third round.