- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Khotso tops in Turku
- Updated: June 27, 2009
Beijing Olympic silver medallist Khotso Mokoena stayed on the winning trail as he continued his winning trail in Europe this week with victory in Turku, Finland.
It was the South African long jump recordholder’s fourth win on the trot but his 8.14-metre leap was his shortest after three 8.33 efforts in a row.
Also in action was SA 3,000m steeplechase recordholder Ruben Ramolefi, who won the 1,500m in 3min 47.25sec.
This came a day after he clocked 3:47.83 in Sweden where he didn’t medal. His time in Finland was the fastest of his season.