- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Khotso tops in Turku
- Updated: June 27, 2009
Beijing Olympic silver medallist Khotso Mokoena stayed on the winning trail as he continued his winning trail in Europe this week with victory in Turku, Finland.
It was the South African long jump recordholder’s fourth win on the trot but his 8.14-metre leap was his shortest after three 8.33 efforts in a row.
Also in action was SA 3,000m steeplechase recordholder Ruben Ramolefi, who won the 1,500m in 3min 47.25sec.
This came a day after he clocked 3:47.83 in Sweden where he didn’t medal. His time in Finland was the fastest of his season.