- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Ruben building momentum
- Updated: June 26, 2009
National 3,000 metre steeplechase recordholder Ruben Ramolefi took seventh in the 1,500 metre event at Thursday night’s Folksam Grand Prix track and field meeting in Sweden.
His time of 3min 47.83sec was his fastest time over the distance this year as he builds momentum for August’s World Track and Field Championships in Berlin, Germany.
The race was won by the world’s quickest man over 800m this year, Sudan’s Abubaker Kaki, in 3:39.89.
At the same meeting young SA sprinter Tshegofatso Meshoe had a good win over 200m.
The national Under-23 champion Meshoe clocked 21.24sec to beat Italian Mario Bassani into second (21.40). Meshoe’s personal best is 20.73.
It was his Meshoe’s first victory on the international stage and came against sprinters from Denmark, Italy, Great Britain and the United Arab Emirates.