- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Ruben building momentum
- Updated: June 26, 2009
National 3,000 metre steeplechase recordholder Ruben Ramolefi took seventh in the 1,500 metre event at Thursday night’s Folksam Grand Prix track and field meeting in Sweden.
His time of 3min 47.83sec was his fastest time over the distance this year as he builds momentum for August’s World Track and Field Championships in Berlin, Germany.
The race was won by the world’s quickest man over 800m this year, Sudan’s Abubaker Kaki, in 3:39.89.
At the same meeting young SA sprinter Tshegofatso Meshoe had a good win over 200m.
The national Under-23 champion Meshoe clocked 21.24sec to beat Italian Mario Bassani into second (21.40). Meshoe’s personal best is 20.73.
It was his Meshoe’s first victory on the international stage and came against sprinters from Denmark, Italy, Great Britain and the United Arab Emirates.