- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Hunter heads for a holiday
- Updated: June 21, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended the Star Elektrotoer race in the Netherlands with a 12th spot finish in the final stage on Sunday.
He was credited with the same time as winner stage winner Andre Greipel of Germany (3hr 58min 43sec) but South Africa’s Barloworld rider didn’t fare as well in the general classification, placing 104th overall (23:34) behind winner Phillippe Gilbert of Belgium.
The fifth and final stage was raced over a 179-kilometre route between Beek and Helmond.
Barloworld finished 11th in the team category, behind winners Quikstep.
Hunter will now take about a month’s break from the racing circuit, as Barloworld are not racing the classic Tour de France this year.