- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Hunter heads for a holiday
- Updated: June 21, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended the Star Elektrotoer race in the Netherlands with a 12th spot finish in the final stage on Sunday.
He was credited with the same time as winner stage winner Andre Greipel of Germany (3hr 58min 43sec) but South Africa’s Barloworld rider didn’t fare as well in the general classification, placing 104th overall (23:34) behind winner Phillippe Gilbert of Belgium.
The fifth and final stage was raced over a 179-kilometre route between Beek and Helmond.
Barloworld finished 11th in the team category, behind winners Quikstep.
Hunter will now take about a month’s break from the racing circuit, as Barloworld are not racing the classic Tour de France this year.