- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Hunter heads for a holiday
- Updated: June 21, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended the Star Elektrotoer race in the Netherlands with a 12th spot finish in the final stage on Sunday.
He was credited with the same time as winner stage winner Andre Greipel of Germany (3hr 58min 43sec) but South Africa’s Barloworld rider didn’t fare as well in the general classification, placing 104th overall (23:34) behind winner Phillippe Gilbert of Belgium.
The fifth and final stage was raced over a 179-kilometre route between Beek and Helmond.
Barloworld finished 11th in the team category, behind winners Quikstep.
Hunter will now take about a month’s break from the racing circuit, as Barloworld are not racing the classic Tour de France this year.