- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Hunter heads for a holiday
- Updated: June 21, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended the Star Elektrotoer race in the Netherlands with a 12th spot finish in the final stage on Sunday.
He was credited with the same time as winner stage winner Andre Greipel of Germany (3hr 58min 43sec) but South Africa’s Barloworld rider didn’t fare as well in the general classification, placing 104th overall (23:34) behind winner Phillippe Gilbert of Belgium.
The fifth and final stage was raced over a 179-kilometre route between Beek and Helmond.
Barloworld finished 11th in the team category, behind winners Quikstep.
Hunter will now take about a month’s break from the racing circuit, as Barloworld are not racing the classic Tour de France this year.