- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Hunter heads for a holiday
- Updated: June 21, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended the Star Elektrotoer race in the Netherlands with a 12th spot finish in the final stage on Sunday.
He was credited with the same time as winner stage winner Andre Greipel of Germany (3hr 58min 43sec) but South Africa’s Barloworld rider didn’t fare as well in the general classification, placing 104th overall (23:34) behind winner Phillippe Gilbert of Belgium.
The fifth and final stage was raced over a 179-kilometre route between Beek and Helmond.
Barloworld finished 11th in the team category, behind winners Quikstep.
Hunter will now take about a month’s break from the racing circuit, as Barloworld are not racing the classic Tour de France this year.