- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Top 10 finish for Hunter
- Updated: June 15, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended up ninth in the Delta Tour Zeeland in the Netherlands on Sunday.
After an impressive seventh spot in the 2.7km prologe on Sunday, the Barloworld rider was never far down the field and ended up just 23 seconds behind winner Tyler Farrar in the final general classification.
The American Garmin-Slipstream cyclist covered the tour in 8hr 13min 33sec.
Sunday’s final stage, a 185.9 kilometre route around Terneuzen, was won by Skil-Shimano’s Robert Wagner of Germany in 4:11:34 with Hunter credited with the same time.
The Barloworld team now move on to the next race, the Ster Elektrotoer, starting on Thursday and ending on Monday.