- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Top 10 finish for Hunter
- Updated: June 15, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended up ninth in the Delta Tour Zeeland in the Netherlands on Sunday.
After an impressive seventh spot in the 2.7km prologe on Sunday, the Barloworld rider was never far down the field and ended up just 23 seconds behind winner Tyler Farrar in the final general classification.
The American Garmin-Slipstream cyclist covered the tour in 8hr 13min 33sec.
Sunday’s final stage, a 185.9 kilometre route around Terneuzen, was won by Skil-Shimano’s Robert Wagner of Germany in 4:11:34 with Hunter credited with the same time.
The Barloworld team now move on to the next race, the Ster Elektrotoer, starting on Thursday and ending on Monday.