- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Top 10 finish for Hunter
- Updated: June 15, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended up ninth in the Delta Tour Zeeland in the Netherlands on Sunday.
After an impressive seventh spot in the 2.7km prologe on Sunday, the Barloworld rider was never far down the field and ended up just 23 seconds behind winner Tyler Farrar in the final general classification.
The American Garmin-Slipstream cyclist covered the tour in 8hr 13min 33sec.
Sunday’s final stage, a 185.9 kilometre route around Terneuzen, was won by Skil-Shimano’s Robert Wagner of Germany in 4:11:34 with Hunter credited with the same time.
The Barloworld team now move on to the next race, the Ster Elektrotoer, starting on Thursday and ending on Monday.