- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Top 10 finish for Hunter
- Updated: June 15, 2009
Robbie Hunter ended up ninth in the Delta Tour Zeeland in the Netherlands on Sunday.
After an impressive seventh spot in the 2.7km prologe on Sunday, the Barloworld rider was never far down the field and ended up just 23 seconds behind winner Tyler Farrar in the final general classification.
The American Garmin-Slipstream cyclist covered the tour in 8hr 13min 33sec.
Sunday’s final stage, a 185.9 kilometre route around Terneuzen, was won by Skil-Shimano’s Robert Wagner of Germany in 4:11:34 with Hunter credited with the same time.
The Barloworld team now move on to the next race, the Ster Elektrotoer, starting on Thursday and ending on Monday.