Excellent performances by our guys. Our country stand behind y0u guys. Good luck for the World Champs!!!
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Gold for Roland, Gerhard
- Updated: June 15, 2009
There was a golden conclusion to the Mare Nostrum series for swimmers Roland Schoeman and Gerhard Zandberg on the final night of the three-day gala held in Monte Carlo, Monaco yesterday.
Competing in the 50 metres butterfly final, Schoeman won in 23.19 secs, while world 50m backstroke champion Zandberg took the honours in that event (25.62).
Cameron van der Burgh also joined in on the medal onslaught as he claimed silver in the 50m breaststroke final in 27.77. Neil Versfeld finished fourth in the 100 metres breaststroke final in 1:02.57.
The Mare Nostrum galas were part of the SA swim team’s preparations ahead of the FINA World Championships to be held in Rome, Italy from July 26-August 2.