Excellent performances by our guys. Our country stand behind y0u guys. Good luck for the World Champs!!!
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Gold for Roland, Gerhard
- Updated: June 15, 2009
There was a golden conclusion to the Mare Nostrum series for swimmers Roland Schoeman and Gerhard Zandberg on the final night of the three-day gala held in Monte Carlo, Monaco yesterday.
Competing in the 50 metres butterfly final, Schoeman won in 23.19 secs, while world 50m backstroke champion Zandberg took the honours in that event (25.62).
Cameron van der Burgh also joined in on the medal onslaught as he claimed silver in the 50m breaststroke final in 27.77. Neil Versfeld finished fourth in the 100 metres breaststroke final in 1:02.57.
The Mare Nostrum galas were part of the SA swim team’s preparations ahead of the FINA World Championships to be held in Rome, Italy from July 26-August 2.