Excellent performances by our guys. Our country stand behind y0u guys. Good luck for the World Champs!!!
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
Gold for Roland, Gerhard
- Updated: June 15, 2009
There was a golden conclusion to the Mare Nostrum series for swimmers Roland Schoeman and Gerhard Zandberg on the final night of the three-day gala held in Monte Carlo, Monaco yesterday.
Competing in the 50 metres butterfly final, Schoeman won in 23.19 secs, while world 50m backstroke champion Zandberg took the honours in that event (25.62).
Cameron van der Burgh also joined in on the medal onslaught as he claimed silver in the 50m breaststroke final in 27.77. Neil Versfeld finished fourth in the 100 metres breaststroke final in 1:02.57.
The Mare Nostrum galas were part of the SA swim team’s preparations ahead of the FINA World Championships to be held in Rome, Italy from July 26-August 2.