Excellent performances by our guys. Our country stand behind y0u guys. Good luck for the World Champs!!!
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Gold for Roland, Gerhard
- Updated: June 15, 2009
There was a golden conclusion to the Mare Nostrum series for swimmers Roland Schoeman and Gerhard Zandberg on the final night of the three-day gala held in Monte Carlo, Monaco yesterday.
Competing in the 50 metres butterfly final, Schoeman won in 23.19 secs, while world 50m backstroke champion Zandberg took the honours in that event (25.62).
Cameron van der Burgh also joined in on the medal onslaught as he claimed silver in the 50m breaststroke final in 27.77. Neil Versfeld finished fourth in the 100 metres breaststroke final in 1:02.57.
The Mare Nostrum galas were part of the SA swim team’s preparations ahead of the FINA World Championships to be held in Rome, Italy from July 26-August 2.