Dear Aqua Sport Lovers I would like to take this opportunity and say thank you to Gerhard Zandberg, Roland Schoeman and Cameron van der Burgh about their achievements in world class swimming. My brothers and sisters lets be proud of our talented swimming stars and support them. On my conclusion I am very unhappy with "sport politics" regarding aqua sport in RSA. Any-one who is like me must join me and stop this "lethal virus" called "sport politics." All of us we are equal in front of the Law. Good luck Team SA in world Champs Rome 09.
- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Zandberg leads way
- Updated: June 14, 2009
Gerhard Zandberg, Roland Schoeman and Cameron van der Burgh have advanced to the semi-final stage of the Mare Nostrum swimming series in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
In clocking 25.59 seconds in the 50-metres backstroke Zandberg ranked as the fastest qualifier, while Van der Burgh’s effort of 25.59 in the 50m breaststroke, was the second fastest time of the previous round in the discipline.
Schoeman produced the fastest qualifying time of 23.55 in the 50m butterfly.
The trio are all part of the Opex South African 2012 Olympic squad