- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Oosthuizen wins in Lugano
- Updated: June 13, 2009
Former world junior javelin champion Robert Oosthuizen opened his European campaign at a meeting in Lugano with victory in 77.44 metres.
At the same meeting fellow South African Warren Hendricks won the 800 metres race in 1min 49.52sec as SA champion, Ruan de Vries, and Hannes Dreyer showed encouraging form in the 110m hurdles and 100 metres respectively.
De Vries finished fourth in a time of 13.84 sec in the high hurdles while Dreyer clocked times of 10.41 (fourth in the final) and 10.49 in his heat.
Tsholofelo Thipe, reigning SA champion and already having qualified for the World Championships in Berlin, opened her account in the 400m with a time of 55.55 sec and a sixth place.
At a meeting in Huelva, Spain, Shaun Bownes (110m hurdles) also had to be content with a fourth place and a time of 13.76 sec.