- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Stoltz, Hugo race in Richmond
- Updated: June 12, 2009
Conrad Stoltz and Dan Hugo will be racing in the Xterra Atlantic Cup (off-road triathlon) in Brown’s Island, Richmond (US) on Sunday (14 June).
Stoltz, who already has a hat-trick of wins at this race and also in the 2009 Xterra season, will be hoping that fortune favours him in Richmond this year. Last year he had puncture after puncture on the bike leg and did not finish.
Hugo was on his way to victory in 2008, before America’s Josiah Middaugh passed him in the last two kilometres of the run to literally steal the race. Middaugh is back in town to defend his crown – fresh off the overall title at the Teva Mountain Games in Vail, Colorado, and Canadian Mike Vine (the 2001 Richmond winner) is flying in from Malaysia after winning the first XTERRA in Southeast Asia over the weekend.
The first four races of the 2009 Xterra Series in the US have been shared between the South African duo, with Stoltz winning the last three.