- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Stoltz, Hugo race in Richmond
- Updated: June 12, 2009
Conrad Stoltz and Dan Hugo will be racing in the Xterra Atlantic Cup (off-road triathlon) in Brown’s Island, Richmond (US) on Sunday (14 June).
Stoltz, who already has a hat-trick of wins at this race and also in the 2009 Xterra season, will be hoping that fortune favours him in Richmond this year. Last year he had puncture after puncture on the bike leg and did not finish.
Hugo was on his way to victory in 2008, before America’s Josiah Middaugh passed him in the last two kilometres of the run to literally steal the race. Middaugh is back in town to defend his crown – fresh off the overall title at the Teva Mountain Games in Vail, Colorado, and Canadian Mike Vine (the 2001 Richmond winner) is flying in from Malaysia after winning the first XTERRA in Southeast Asia over the weekend.
The first four races of the 2009 Xterra Series in the US have been shared between the South African duo, with Stoltz winning the last three.