- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
De Lange set for Seoul
- Updated: June 12, 2009
Riana De Lange will be racing the Asian Long Distance Championships in Samcheok Beach, near Seoul in Korea on Sunday (14 June).
De Lange was invited to compete in the event (held over a three-kilometre swim, 80km bike and 20km run).
ÔÇ£I prefer the longer distances because I’m able to make up time on the bike then, so this is perfect,ÔÇØ said De Lange on the eve of her departure. ÔÇ£The invite came out of the blue, but I’m looking forward to it.ÔÇØ
De Lange, who had been hit by a flu bug, finished fifth in the Momentum Health Teavigo duathlon in Port Elizabeth last week. ÔÇ£I felt really good in that race, so hopefully I’ll be over the flu when I hit Korea.ÔÇØ
Just getting to the venue will be a mission for De Lange — it’s a 20-hour trip to get there, eight-hour flight to Dubai, another eight hours to Seoul and then a four-hour bus trip to Samcheok Beach.