- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
De Lange set for Seoul
- Updated: June 12, 2009
Riana De Lange will be racing the Asian Long Distance Championships in Samcheok Beach, near Seoul in Korea on Sunday (14 June).
De Lange was invited to compete in the event (held over a three-kilometre swim, 80km bike and 20km run).
ÔÇ£I prefer the longer distances because I’m able to make up time on the bike then, so this is perfect,ÔÇØ said De Lange on the eve of her departure. ÔÇ£The invite came out of the blue, but I’m looking forward to it.ÔÇØ
De Lange, who had been hit by a flu bug, finished fifth in the Momentum Health Teavigo duathlon in Port Elizabeth last week. ÔÇ£I felt really good in that race, so hopefully I’ll be over the flu when I hit Korea.ÔÇØ
Just getting to the venue will be a mission for De Lange — it’s a 20-hour trip to get there, eight-hour flight to Dubai, another eight hours to Seoul and then a four-hour bus trip to Samcheok Beach.