- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
De Lange set for Seoul
- Updated: June 12, 2009
Riana De Lange will be racing the Asian Long Distance Championships in Samcheok Beach, near Seoul in Korea on Sunday (14 June).
De Lange was invited to compete in the event (held over a three-kilometre swim, 80km bike and 20km run).
ÔÇ£I prefer the longer distances because I’m able to make up time on the bike then, so this is perfect,ÔÇØ said De Lange on the eve of her departure. ÔÇ£The invite came out of the blue, but I’m looking forward to it.ÔÇØ
De Lange, who had been hit by a flu bug, finished fifth in the Momentum Health Teavigo duathlon in Port Elizabeth last week. ÔÇ£I felt really good in that race, so hopefully I’ll be over the flu when I hit Korea.ÔÇØ
Just getting to the venue will be a mission for De Lange — it’s a 20-hour trip to get there, eight-hour flight to Dubai, another eight hours to Seoul and then a four-hour bus trip to Samcheok Beach.