Gram congratulations about Charl van Zyl performance. You are the rowel model to me as a young swimming coach. May God bless you. Keep it up.
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
Silver for Charl, Kathryn
- Updated: June 10, 2009
Durban swim stars Charl van Zyl and Kathryn Meaklim produced silver medal-winning performances as the national swim team continued their medal challenge on the second night of the three-day Mara Nostrum gala in Canet, France, Wednesday.
Van Zyl clocked 2min 01sec in the 200 metres backstroke final, while Meaklim powered her way to a time of 4:43 in the 400 metres individual medley. Chad le Clos, who like Van Zyl is a scholar at Westville Boys High in Durban, finished fourth in the 400 metres individual medley in 4:21 in the 400 metres individual medley.
Darian Townsend also made it on to the medal podium in finishing third in the 100 metres butterfly in 53.5.