Gram congratulations about Charl van Zyl performance. You are the rowel model to me as a young swimming coach. May God bless you. Keep it up.
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Silver for Charl, Kathryn
- Updated: June 10, 2009
Durban swim stars Charl van Zyl and Kathryn Meaklim produced silver medal-winning performances as the national swim team continued their medal challenge on the second night of the three-day Mara Nostrum gala in Canet, France, Wednesday.
Van Zyl clocked 2min 01sec in the 200 metres backstroke final, while Meaklim powered her way to a time of 4:43 in the 400 metres individual medley. Chad le Clos, who like Van Zyl is a scholar at Westville Boys High in Durban, finished fourth in the 400 metres individual medley in 4:21 in the 400 metres individual medley.
Darian Townsend also made it on to the medal podium in finishing third in the 100 metres butterfly in 53.5.