Gram congratulations about Charl van Zyl performance. You are the rowel model to me as a young swimming coach. May God bless you. Keep it up.
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Silver for Charl, Kathryn
- Updated: June 10, 2009
Durban swim stars Charl van Zyl and Kathryn Meaklim produced silver medal-winning performances as the national swim team continued their medal challenge on the second night of the three-day Mara Nostrum gala in Canet, France, Wednesday.
Van Zyl clocked 2min 01sec in the 200 metres backstroke final, while Meaklim powered her way to a time of 4:43 in the 400 metres individual medley. Chad le Clos, who like Van Zyl is a scholar at Westville Boys High in Durban, finished fourth in the 400 metres individual medley in 4:21 in the 400 metres individual medley.
Darian Townsend also made it on to the medal podium in finishing third in the 100 metres butterfly in 53.5.