Gram congratulations about Charl van Zyl performance. You are the rowel model to me as a young swimming coach. May God bless you. Keep it up.
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Silver for Charl, Kathryn
- Updated: June 10, 2009
Durban swim stars Charl van Zyl and Kathryn Meaklim produced silver medal-winning performances as the national swim team continued their medal challenge on the second night of the three-day Mara Nostrum gala in Canet, France, Wednesday.
Van Zyl clocked 2min 01sec in the 200 metres backstroke final, while Meaklim powered her way to a time of 4:43 in the 400 metres individual medley. Chad le Clos, who like Van Zyl is a scholar at Westville Boys High in Durban, finished fourth in the 400 metres individual medley in 4:21 in the 400 metres individual medley.
Darian Townsend also made it on to the medal podium in finishing third in the 100 metres butterfly in 53.5.