Gram congratulations about Charl van Zyl performance. You are the rowel model to me as a young swimming coach. May God bless you. Keep it up.
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
- Ace SA duo in series triumph Down Under
- Montjane ends season on a double high
Silver for Charl, Kathryn
- Updated: June 10, 2009
Durban swim stars Charl van Zyl and Kathryn Meaklim produced silver medal-winning performances as the national swim team continued their medal challenge on the second night of the three-day Mara Nostrum gala in Canet, France, Wednesday.
Van Zyl clocked 2min 01sec in the 200 metres backstroke final, while Meaklim powered her way to a time of 4:43 in the 400 metres individual medley. Chad le Clos, who like Van Zyl is a scholar at Westville Boys High in Durban, finished fourth in the 400 metres individual medley in 4:21 in the 400 metres individual medley.
Darian Townsend also made it on to the medal podium in finishing third in the 100 metres butterfly in 53.5.