- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Hunter’s had enough?
- Updated: June 5, 2009
South African Robbie Hunter failed to start Friday’s third stage of the Tour de Luxembourg.
Hunter had just completed the gruelling Giro d’Italia on Sunday and two days later had pitched for the Luxembourg event.
The race is scheduled to end on Sunday.
Hunter, whose Barloworld team is not competing in the main race of the year, the Tour de France, told the Twitter news feed: ‘spoke to team & decided to rest a bit before next races!’
Probably a wise decision after just completing one of cycling’s ‘Major’s’ a few days previously.