- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Hunter back on the road
- Updated: June 4, 2009
Italy last week, Luxembourg this week … there’s been little rest for Barloworld’s South African cyclist Robbie Hunter.
The gruelling Giro d’Italia ended in Rome on Sunday and Hunter had two days off before getting back into the saddle for the Tour of Luxembourg.
Yesterday’s first stage was a helter-skelter 2.70-kilometre dash and Hunter finished 21 seconds behind leader Switzerland’s Astana rider Gr├®gory Rast┬á who blitzed the course in 3min 46sec at an average of 42.86km/h.
The┬á five stage race ends on Sunday. Hunter’s South African Barloworld teammate John-Lee Augustyn is not racing this week. Also not racing is defending champion Joost Posthuma as his team Rabobank is not entered.