- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Hunter back on the road
- Updated: June 4, 2009
Italy last week, Luxembourg this week … there’s been little rest for Barloworld’s South African cyclist Robbie Hunter.
The gruelling Giro d’Italia ended in Rome on Sunday and Hunter had two days off before getting back into the saddle for the Tour of Luxembourg.
Yesterday’s first stage was a helter-skelter 2.70-kilometre dash and Hunter finished 21 seconds behind leader Switzerland’s Astana rider Gr├®gory Rast┬á who blitzed the course in 3min 46sec at an average of 42.86km/h.
The┬á five stage race ends on Sunday. Hunter’s South African Barloworld teammate John-Lee Augustyn is not racing this week. Also not racing is defending champion Joost Posthuma as his team Rabobank is not entered.