- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Hunter back on the road
- Updated: June 4, 2009
Italy last week, Luxembourg this week … there’s been little rest for Barloworld’s South African cyclist Robbie Hunter.
The gruelling Giro d’Italia ended in Rome on Sunday and Hunter had two days off before getting back into the saddle for the Tour of Luxembourg.
Yesterday’s first stage was a helter-skelter 2.70-kilometre dash and Hunter finished 21 seconds behind leader Switzerland’s Astana rider Gr├®gory Rast┬á who blitzed the course in 3min 46sec at an average of 42.86km/h.
The┬á five stage race ends on Sunday. Hunter’s South African Barloworld teammate John-Lee Augustyn is not racing this week. Also not racing is defending champion Joost Posthuma as his team Rabobank is not entered.