- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Bulls boost for hockey
- Updated: May 29, 2009
It’s full steam ahead at the South African men’s hockey training camp in Pretoria.
The squad have been been hard in training since Monday and the camp continues through till Sunday.
The team was boosted by the addition of four players shotly before the training camp, meaning there are 28 players going through their paces.
‘We have 28 players here and apart from one or two injuries and a bit of flu, they’re all healthy for the most part,’ said coach Gregg Clark.
‘The guys are looking in good physical shape. We are playing a series of internal squad games, the first of which was last night (Wednesday). The quality was good and I was happy with what I saw.’ÔÇ¿ÔÇ¿The squad had an added boost of enthusiasm with the surprise visit of a rugby celebrity.
‘The Bulls have been training at the High Performance Centre in preparation for their Super 14 final and we managed to get Bryan Habana to come and have a brief chat with us and share a few of his thoughts and experiences of being a world class player. The guys got great value out of it and Bryan is such an easy going guy.’
Practice games continue through to Sunday. ÔÇ¿ÔÇ¿’We will be selecting our squad for the qualifier (July), plus a Four Nations tournament in Russia (June) at the conclusion of the camp.’