- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
SA make progress in Glasgow
- Updated: May 25, 2009
The South African Table Tennis National team is currently participating at the Commonwealth Championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
The men’s team has made some rather promising success as they improved their position at the Commonwealth Championships from 13th at last years championships held in India to a well fought for seventh place.
In the group stages they had to put up a brave fight against Malaysia to qualify for the top eight play-offs, winning them for a third time in a row. This giving South Africa a┬á psychological advantage in the competition.
South Africa managed to beat Australia for the first time in the History of the Commonwealth Championships allowing the boys to clinch the seventh place.
The women’s team has made some progress by beating the home team, Scotland and showing good promise for the future as they are quite a young team of ages ranging between 15 to 18.