- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
SA make progress in Glasgow
- Updated: May 25, 2009
The South African Table Tennis National team is currently participating at the Commonwealth Championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
The men’s team has made some rather promising success as they improved their position at the Commonwealth Championships from 13th at last years championships held in India to a well fought for seventh place.
In the group stages they had to put up a brave fight against Malaysia to qualify for the top eight play-offs, winning them for a third time in a row. This giving South Africa a┬á psychological advantage in the competition.
South Africa managed to beat Australia for the first time in the History of the Commonwealth Championships allowing the boys to clinch the seventh place.
The women’s team has made some progress by beating the home team, Scotland and showing good promise for the future as they are quite a young team of ages ranging between 15 to 18.