- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
SA make progress in Glasgow
- Updated: May 25, 2009
The South African Table Tennis National team is currently participating at the Commonwealth Championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
The men’s team has made some rather promising success as they improved their position at the Commonwealth Championships from 13th at last years championships held in India to a well fought for seventh place.
In the group stages they had to put up a brave fight against Malaysia to qualify for the top eight play-offs, winning them for a third time in a row. This giving South Africa a┬á psychological advantage in the competition.
South Africa managed to beat Australia for the first time in the History of the Commonwealth Championships allowing the boys to clinch the seventh place.
The women’s team has made some progress by beating the home team, Scotland and showing good promise for the future as they are quite a young team of ages ranging between 15 to 18.