- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
- SA athletics already have Tokyo 2020 on their mind
- Storm leads suspended Open as McIlroy suffers setback
- Western Cape gears up for national championships
- Horne and Fisher upstage world No2 at SA Open
- Selepe set to make history at Davis Cup tie
SA make progress in Glasgow
- Updated: May 25, 2009
The South African Table Tennis National team is currently participating at the Commonwealth Championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
The men’s team has made some rather promising success as they improved their position at the Commonwealth Championships from 13th at last years championships held in India to a well fought for seventh place.
In the group stages they had to put up a brave fight against Malaysia to qualify for the top eight play-offs, winning them for a third time in a row. This giving South Africa a┬á psychological advantage in the competition.
South Africa managed to beat Australia for the first time in the History of the Commonwealth Championships allowing the boys to clinch the seventh place.
The women’s team has made some progress by beating the home team, Scotland and showing good promise for the future as they are quite a young team of ages ranging between 15 to 18.