I WANT TO PLAY VOLLEY BALL,I WANT TO PLAY FOR A TEAM IN GAUTENG.I WAS PLAYING VOLLEY BALL FOR +-5 YEARS,I WAS TRAINING AT TUKKIES IN PTA AND SINCE I NEVER PLAYED SO MY WISH IS TO GO BACK TO THE SPORTS.I DONT KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP ME. THANK YOU
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
SA do battle in Maputo
- Updated: May 20, 2009
The South African senior women’s volleyball side are currently in Maputo, Mozambique taking part in the first round of the 2010 World Championship qualifier staged under the auspices of the Confederation Of African Volleyball (CAVB).
The tournament ends on Sunday. South Africa, Mauritius, Zimbabwe and Swaziland will join hosts, Mozambique to contest for the two places that are up for grabs for the next round of the qualifiers scheduled for Blida in Algeria in September this year
The SA team, dominated by players from the Western Cape and Gauteng, is confident of making the trip to Algeria in September.
The following players are representing South Africa at the Maputo championship.
Palesa Sekhonyana (captain) (Gauteng), Lesogang Baakeleng (Gauteng), Dimakatso Mokhachane (Gauteng), Annah Phago (Gauteng), Mpho Ndou (Gauteng), Lebuang Innocent (Gauteng), Sthembile Cele (Gauteng), Natasha Strydom (WP), Roxanne Adams (WP), Lamees Martin (WP), Tertia Daniels (WP), Zandy Erasmus (WP)
Head coach: Thierry Mabeka-Bedi (DRC)
Assistant coach: Hugan Coopasamy (Gauteng)
Physio: Rowena Naidoo (KZN)