I WANT TO PLAY VOLLEY BALL,I WANT TO PLAY FOR A TEAM IN GAUTENG.I WAS PLAYING VOLLEY BALL FOR +-5 YEARS,I WAS TRAINING AT TUKKIES IN PTA AND SINCE I NEVER PLAYED SO MY WISH IS TO GO BACK TO THE SPORTS.I DONT KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP ME. THANK YOU
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
SA do battle in Maputo
- Updated: May 20, 2009
The South African senior women’s volleyball side are currently in Maputo, Mozambique taking part in the first round of the 2010 World Championship qualifier staged under the auspices of the Confederation Of African Volleyball (CAVB).
The tournament ends on Sunday. South Africa, Mauritius, Zimbabwe and Swaziland will join hosts, Mozambique to contest for the two places that are up for grabs for the next round of the qualifiers scheduled for Blida in Algeria in September this year
The SA team, dominated by players from the Western Cape and Gauteng, is confident of making the trip to Algeria in September.
The following players are representing South Africa at the Maputo championship.
Palesa Sekhonyana (captain) (Gauteng), Lesogang Baakeleng (Gauteng), Dimakatso Mokhachane (Gauteng), Annah Phago (Gauteng), Mpho Ndou (Gauteng), Lebuang Innocent (Gauteng), Sthembile Cele (Gauteng), Natasha Strydom (WP), Roxanne Adams (WP), Lamees Martin (WP), Tertia Daniels (WP), Zandy Erasmus (WP)
Head coach: Thierry Mabeka-Bedi (DRC)
Assistant coach: Hugan Coopasamy (Gauteng)
Physio: Rowena Naidoo (KZN)