- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
Top swimmer ties knot
- Updated: May 13, 2009
Ace South African swimmer Ryk Neethling’s former love interest is getting married and expecting her first child.
Olympic champion Amanda Beard told People Magazine that she married her longtime boyfriend, photographer Sacha Brown earlier this month on Wakatobi, an archipelago located in an area of southeastern Indonesia.
‘It was absolutely perfect,’Beard said of the couple’s beach wedding held at sunset. ‘It was stress-free, and super low-key.’ Beard, 27, and Brown, 34, met on a photoshoot and got engaged last Christmas.
Beard, who has seven medals (two gold) to her name, also told the mag she is currently five and a half months pregnant with her first child. The couple are expecting a boy and Beard said the due date is in September. While the pool is her second home, the Newport Beach, California, native said don’t expect a water birth anytime soon.
Said Beard: ‘ want to do it the old-fashioned way – in a hospital, with all the technology!’
Beard, who posed for Playboy in 2007, confirmed she is planning on competing at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.