- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Top swimmer ties knot
- Updated: May 13, 2009
Ace South African swimmer Ryk Neethling’s former love interest is getting married and expecting her first child.
Olympic champion Amanda Beard told People Magazine that she married her longtime boyfriend, photographer Sacha Brown earlier this month on Wakatobi, an archipelago located in an area of southeastern Indonesia.
‘It was absolutely perfect,’Beard said of the couple’s beach wedding held at sunset. ‘It was stress-free, and super low-key.’ Beard, 27, and Brown, 34, met on a photoshoot and got engaged last Christmas.
Beard, who has seven medals (two gold) to her name, also told the mag she is currently five and a half months pregnant with her first child. The couple are expecting a boy and Beard said the due date is in September. While the pool is her second home, the Newport Beach, California, native said don’t expect a water birth anytime soon.
Said Beard: ‘ want to do it the old-fashioned way – in a hospital, with all the technology!’
Beard, who posed for Playboy in 2007, confirmed she is planning on competing at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.