- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
Top swimmer ties knot
- Updated: May 13, 2009
Ace South African swimmer Ryk Neethling’s former love interest is getting married and expecting her first child.
Olympic champion Amanda Beard told People Magazine that she married her longtime boyfriend, photographer Sacha Brown earlier this month on Wakatobi, an archipelago located in an area of southeastern Indonesia.
‘It was absolutely perfect,’Beard said of the couple’s beach wedding held at sunset. ‘It was stress-free, and super low-key.’ Beard, 27, and Brown, 34, met on a photoshoot and got engaged last Christmas.
Beard, who has seven medals (two gold) to her name, also told the mag she is currently five and a half months pregnant with her first child. The couple are expecting a boy and Beard said the due date is in September. While the pool is her second home, the Newport Beach, California, native said don’t expect a water birth anytime soon.
Said Beard: ‘ want to do it the old-fashioned way – in a hospital, with all the technology!’
Beard, who posed for Playboy in 2007, confirmed she is planning on competing at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.