- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Busy time for Rubenstein
- Updated: May 12, 2009
Olympic canoeist Shaun Rubenstein is juggling mental and physical challenges this week.
‘I’ve just started a tough week of tests,’ he said this week.
‘I’m studying again this year and I have to write six tests this week. Two on Monday, two on Wednesday and two on Friday.’
Rubenstein is studying throught the University of South Africa business school. ‘I ‘m doing a Masters of Business Leadership (MBL) degree. It is quite a demanding degree, with a lot of work to do including a lot of group asssignnments. I have had to really manage my time well, but so far I am enjoying it and doing quite well.
On the physical front, Rubenstein heads for Europe this week.
‘I’m leaving on Sunday evening for Poland to race in the world cup circuit again. The first World Cup was this weekend and even though it was hard to be at my desk studying while my fellow competitors were racing, there were some interesting results.
‘After the Poland World Cup, I go to Hungary for a week of training before the Szeged World Cup.
‘Then after the world cups I will be coming back home to compete in the SA marathon champs, after which I will go and train at Nagel Dam before going to Canada for World Sprint champs.’