- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Under-21s off to Boston
- Updated: May 5, 2009
The South African under-21 squad to compete at the BDO Junior Women’s World Cup hockey tournament in Boston, Massachusetts, US on August 3-16 has ben announced.
The squad will be made up for 18 players and six non-travelling reserves were also announced.
Southern Gauteng won the recent under-21 nationals in Bloemfontein, beating the national under-19 side 2-1 in the final, and the province have seven representatives in the squad.
The team will have a training camp in Durban from May 11-17 and will also be taking part in a quadrangular tournament this weekend, with teams from Southern Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Northern Blues taking on the Under-21s.
Julia Cass (SG), Louise Coertzen (SG), Sulette Damons (NW), Celia Evans (NW), Sarah Harley (SG), Hanli Hattingh (WP), Loreen Irvine (NW), Camille Jasson (SG), Nicole Kemp (EP), Kelly Madsen (Kzn Coastals), Candice Manuel (WP), Ncedisa Magwentshu (SG), Jade Mayne (WP), Catherine McNulty (SG), Mapule Mokoena (SG), Kerry Pearton (Kzn Coastals), Philippa Rabey (WP), Nicolene Terblanche (Nor)
Non-travelling reserves: Shelly Freyer (Kzn Coastals), Faye Irvine (NW), Michaela Paterson (WP), Sammy Prost (Nor), Cherie Smith (FS), Chanelle van Niekerk (EP)
Manager : Mrs Bernie Thomas
Coach : Mr Fabian Gregory
Asst. Coach : Mr Greg Hesom
Video / Stats : Mr Patrick Tshutshani
Physiotherapist : Miss Fazlien Jacobs