- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Under-21s off to Boston
- Updated: May 5, 2009
The South African under-21 squad to compete at the BDO Junior Women’s World Cup hockey tournament in Boston, Massachusetts, US on August 3-16 has ben announced.
The squad will be made up for 18 players and six non-travelling reserves were also announced.
Southern Gauteng won the recent under-21 nationals in Bloemfontein, beating the national under-19 side 2-1 in the final, and the province have seven representatives in the squad.
The team will have a training camp in Durban from May 11-17 and will also be taking part in a quadrangular tournament this weekend, with teams from Southern Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Northern Blues taking on the Under-21s.
Julia Cass (SG), Louise Coertzen (SG), Sulette Damons (NW), Celia Evans (NW), Sarah Harley (SG), Hanli Hattingh (WP), Loreen Irvine (NW), Camille Jasson (SG), Nicole Kemp (EP), Kelly Madsen (Kzn Coastals), Candice Manuel (WP), Ncedisa Magwentshu (SG), Jade Mayne (WP), Catherine McNulty (SG), Mapule Mokoena (SG), Kerry Pearton (Kzn Coastals), Philippa Rabey (WP), Nicolene Terblanche (Nor)
Non-travelling reserves: Shelly Freyer (Kzn Coastals), Faye Irvine (NW), Michaela Paterson (WP), Sammy Prost (Nor), Cherie Smith (FS), Chanelle van Niekerk (EP)
Manager : Mrs Bernie Thomas
Coach : Mr Fabian Gregory
Asst. Coach : Mr Greg Hesom
Video / Stats : Mr Patrick Tshutshani
Physiotherapist : Miss Fazlien Jacobs