- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Under-21s off to Boston
- Updated: May 5, 2009
The South African under-21 squad to compete at the BDO Junior Women’s World Cup hockey tournament in Boston, Massachusetts, US on August 3-16 has ben announced.
The squad will be made up for 18 players and six non-travelling reserves were also announced.
Southern Gauteng won the recent under-21 nationals in Bloemfontein, beating the national under-19 side 2-1 in the final, and the province have seven representatives in the squad.
The team will have a training camp in Durban from May 11-17 and will also be taking part in a quadrangular tournament this weekend, with teams from Southern Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Northern Blues taking on the Under-21s.
Julia Cass (SG), Louise Coertzen (SG), Sulette Damons (NW), Celia Evans (NW), Sarah Harley (SG), Hanli Hattingh (WP), Loreen Irvine (NW), Camille Jasson (SG), Nicole Kemp (EP), Kelly Madsen (Kzn Coastals), Candice Manuel (WP), Ncedisa Magwentshu (SG), Jade Mayne (WP), Catherine McNulty (SG), Mapule Mokoena (SG), Kerry Pearton (Kzn Coastals), Philippa Rabey (WP), Nicolene Terblanche (Nor)
Non-travelling reserves: Shelly Freyer (Kzn Coastals), Faye Irvine (NW), Michaela Paterson (WP), Sammy Prost (Nor), Cherie Smith (FS), Chanelle van Niekerk (EP)
Manager : Mrs Bernie Thomas
Coach : Mr Fabian Gregory
Asst. Coach : Mr Greg Hesom
Video / Stats : Mr Patrick Tshutshani
Physiotherapist : Miss Fazlien Jacobs