- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Lill in contention
- Updated: May 1, 2009
South African Darren Lill has finished with the lead bunch in the second stage of the Tour of the Gila in America.
The stage was won by Argentina’s Sebastian Haedo in 3hr 12min 19sec with Lill given the same time.
Also in the squad was seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong.
Lill finds himself in 17th place in the overall classification, 2min 31sec down on American Levi Leipheimer.
The race ends on Sunday.