- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
Lill in contention
- Updated: May 1, 2009
South African Darren Lill has finished with the lead bunch in the second stage of the Tour of the Gila in America.
The stage was won by Argentina’s Sebastian Haedo in 3hr 12min 19sec with Lill given the same time.
Also in the squad was seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong.
Lill finds himself in 17th place in the overall classification, 2min 31sec down on American Levi Leipheimer.
The race ends on Sunday.