- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Updated: April 30, 2009
Two hundred and forty-five wrestlers will take part in the SA Greco-Roman Championships on May 1-2 at the Ermelo Sports-Inn in Mpumalanga.
The tournament will include matches in the Under-13, Under-15, Under-17, junior and senior categories. On both days the weigh-in will take place at 8am and the opening ceremony at 9am with matches until about 5pm.
The Greco-Roman wrestling style is one of the official styles as practiced at the Olympic Games. Wrestlers are only allowed to attack and defend with the top part of their bodies (from the hip upwards).┬á Greco-Roman wrestling requires supreme concentration and upper body strength.