- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
- Updated: April 30, 2009
Two hundred and forty-five wrestlers will take part in the SA Greco-Roman Championships on May 1-2 at the Ermelo Sports-Inn in Mpumalanga.
The tournament will include matches in the Under-13, Under-15, Under-17, junior and senior categories. On both days the weigh-in will take place at 8am and the opening ceremony at 9am with matches until about 5pm.
The Greco-Roman wrestling style is one of the official styles as practiced at the Olympic Games. Wrestlers are only allowed to attack and defend with the top part of their bodies (from the hip upwards).┬á Greco-Roman wrestling requires supreme concentration and upper body strength.