- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- Updated: April 30, 2009
Two hundred and forty-five wrestlers will take part in the SA Greco-Roman Championships on May 1-2 at the Ermelo Sports-Inn in Mpumalanga.
The tournament will include matches in the Under-13, Under-15, Under-17, junior and senior categories. On both days the weigh-in will take place at 8am and the opening ceremony at 9am with matches until about 5pm.
The Greco-Roman wrestling style is one of the official styles as practiced at the Olympic Games. Wrestlers are only allowed to attack and defend with the top part of their bodies (from the hip upwards).┬á Greco-Roman wrestling requires supreme concentration and upper body strength.